Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Upgrade stuck?

Started by grahamperrin, May 04, 2024, 10:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grahamperrin

No progress in the background window.

How to proceed?

AxL

Quote from: grahamperrin on May 04, 2024, 10:09:14 PM[....]  No progress in the background window.

How to proceed?

I think you should check out the latest article published by pavroo in Sparky News 2024/04 where he recommends uninstalling NALA due to malfunction:

Quote[....]  Due to nala doesn't full-upgrade packages properly and doesn't handle with broken packages on Sparky rolling (8) I recommend to uninstall nala. The sparky-upgrade tool on Sparky 8 uses apt back now to upgrade packages.

Use instead, the classic sudo apt update && sudo apt dist-upgrade
And this way, you probably won't have any problems updating the system.

Cheers !!

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

grahamperrin

Thanks.

I keyed Control-C in the background window for the non-working upgrade, wasn't sure whether things had ended (the window remained open), I closed that window then restarted the system, ran the apt commands, restarted the system again.

There remained, near bottom right, a dialogue with two buttons (Cancel and OK, IIRC) but no content. I guessed, this was a ghost of a prompt to upgrade that preceded the second restart, so I opted to cancel.

I checked for an upgrade, began the upgrade, during the upgrade there appeared a prompt to upgrade.

I ignored the prompt to upgrade, completed the upgrade, restarted the system.

AxL

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

View the most recent posts on the forum