Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

<Solved> Install sparky on old macbook pro (mid 2009)

Started by Lorenzoval, March 31, 2019, 04:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorenzoval

Hi every body,
I'm quite New on Linux. I'm french, i'm fed up of my macbook pro, I would like to erase os and install sparky on it. I know it Will be a quite hard because I have to reconfigure isight and wifi drivers. Someone could help me to find tutos or know thé steps ? Thank you all and sorry for my bad english.

Bluewater

Try it with a Sparky Live system.
For more detailed information of your hardware open a terminal and give.
inxi -Fxxxz

Post the output here.

Lorenzoval

Thanks a lot ! I'll try to do that this week when I have some time with no one around me at home, nor sons nor wife. When they're around hard to find  concentration spécially when you're not a pro or a geek.

Lorenzoval

Last night, I tested sparky on my macbook pro mid-2009.
Everything worked fine, no need anything. Just install and Everything is recognized, the wifi and the webcam. Just need to  configure my keyboard because is french keyboard.
Thank's a lot.

lami07

Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread. Please make sure the solution that worked for you is clearly indicated, especially if more than one solution has been proposed. If your solution came from outside the forum then describe it or post a link to it. Following these simple instructions will help other users find success solving similar problems.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum