Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum Linuxiarze.pl

Author Topic: Show Us Your Desktop  (Read 65762 times)

Offline gumshoe

Re: Show Us Your Desktop
« Reply #135 on: August 31, 2020, 04:35:41 am »
Openbox

Offline logomage

Re: Show Us Your Desktop
« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2020, 03:19:36 pm »
Well, today is an auspicious day as far as I'm concerned ..... even tho it is Friday 13th lol.

This is because I've been upset ever since Ubuntu decided to ditch 32-bit - which I think means that all its derivatives like Linux Mint do too - and I've hunted round high and low for a replacement based on Debian (which isn't giving up on 32-bit) with the Mate desktop which is my fave.

Sparky hasn't brought out a default Mate 32-bit version yet - although one is apparently in the wings - the reason I needed it being that (a) I hate throwing away tech just cos it's out of date, (b) cos I refurbish old IT (which is dead cheap or sometimes free even) with a Linux OS and give it away to needy families, and (c) I'm a nerdy wordy geek guy lol.

But then (yay!) I discovered that you can easily install a Mate desktop on 32-bit Sparky using Aptus, Dropbux can be added too, and everything else you could want - and omg Sparky Mate is wow as good as Ubuntu Mate!

So ....... I've refurbished this super little 32-bit Fizzbook netbook (which cost me £35 + £5p&p on eBay!) using Sparky Mate, and this is the result:

What do you think?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 03:27:49 pm by logomage »