Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

sparky-backup-core

Started by dennie75, January 17, 2024, 03:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dennie75

When creating a system with command sparkybackup dist After creating this, all applications can be reached in administrator mode such as Aptus Sparky or Software Center. This is no longer done with your own username. Sparky 7.2 Debian 12 What can I do about this to be able to call these applications again with username without having to become root? Translated with Google Translate

pavroo

Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

dennie75

64 bit arch

sparkybackup 20240109

All applications to install anything ask administrator password after creating clone distro

dennie75

I found the issue.

Sparky-aptus-appcenter

doesn't want to work because the command: remsu needs administrator rights

/usr/bin/sparky-aptus-appcenter

Exec=remsu /usr/bin/sparky-aptus-appcenter

Solution for me is:

Exec= sudo /usr/bin/sparky-aptus-appcenter

I'm actually curious how I can make Remsu usable again for sudo users. Would love to hear to learn. Thanks in advance

dennie75

Made new 64bit build and same story. Everything under /usr/bin and network setting administrators authority needed after using sparkybackup dist Latest version

pavroo

you can replace 'remsu' to 'spsu' or 'spsudo'
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

dennie75

Thank you for a solution. Still have some problems after the upgrade from version 6 to 7. A lot has changed in bookworm. Sparkybackup and Sparky-installer work differently than in version 6 and still have problems with them. I like to build linux distro's and love the sparky applications. For developers and hobby people, it's a world that opens up to you. Thank you for this beautiful Sparky

View the most recent posts on the forum