Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Keyboard Macro Keys, Help?

Started by Ze_Mind, November 30, 2023, 06:23:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ze_Mind

I have this keyboard: https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16823201131?Item=N82E16823201131

As you can see in picture, there are macro keys on the left side and top. How can I edit them?

I can't find any programs that aren't old. And anything I find by terminal, are widely outdated.

I'm running on the latest KDE Plasma. Rolling Release version.

Can someone show me the light? (Yes, I've looked on google before asking this)

Filemon7

You need edit xorg-input config here more info: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/80594/trying-to-set-keyboard-layout-using-xorg-configuration-but-its-not-working

Write in terminal apt-cache search xinput and there will be tool for configuration.

There should be settings in system in my sparky 8 xfce there is keyboard settings search for keybord and there will be settings for shortcuts and layout.

"Coming together is the beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together a success."-Henry Ford

Ze_Mind

I did try "Input Remapper" but it keeps saying "The device was not grabbed"

Filemon7

Quote from: Ze_Mind on November 30, 2023, 06:45:11 AMI did try "Input Remapper" but it keeps saying "The device was not grabbed"
Functional macro keys use fn+ button so press any "special" key like volume up with fn.

And it should be detected.
"Coming together is the beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together a success."-Henry Ford

Ze_Mind

Quote from: Filemon7 on November 30, 2023, 06:47:47 AM
Quote from: Ze_Mind on November 30, 2023, 06:45:11 AMI did try "Input Remapper" but it keeps saying "The device was not grabbed"
Functional macro keys use fn+ button so press any "special" key like volume up with fn.

fn + G1 (macro key) didn't work. I tested, and it does however work with my mouse and XBOX controller.

Filemon7

Quote from: Ze_Mind on November 30, 2023, 06:55:42 AM
Quote from: Filemon7 on November 30, 2023, 06:47:47 AM

fn + G1 (macro key) didn't work. I tested, and it does however work with my mouse and XBOX controller.

I was find that i hope thats help you:https://github.com/sezanzeb/input-remapper/

QuoteAn easy to use tool to change the behaviour of your input devices.
Supports X11, Wayland, combinations, programmable macros, joysticks, wheels,
triggers, keys, mouse-movements and more. Maps any input to any other input.

Direct link:https://github.com/sezanzeb/input-remapper/releases/download/2.0.0/input-remapper-2.0.0.deb

So you have that ?

And search for xorg-input its a keyboard driver/library.

Ze_Mind

QuoteSo you have that ?

Yeah, that's the program I found out about. I installed the .deb file.

Edit; This is what I get from Xinput:

chktex - Finds typographic errors in LaTeX
curtain - handy curtain for the desktop
gromit - GTK based tool to make annotations on screen
gromit-mpx - GTK+ based tool to make annotations on screen with multiple pointers
inputplug - XInput monitor
libxcb-xinput-dev - X C Binding, xinput extension, development files
libxcb-xinput0 - X C Binding, xinput extension
libxi-dev - X11 Input extension library (development headers)
libxi6 - X11 Input extension library
lxde - metapackage for LXDE
lxinput - LXDE keyboard and mouse configuration
librust-winapi-dev - Raw FFI bindings for all of Windows API - Rust source code
librust-x11-dev - X11 library bindings for Rust - Rust source code
librust-x11rb-dev - Rust bindings to X11 - Rust source code
librust-xcb-dev - Rust safe bindings for XCB - Rust source code
spotlighter - gtk interface to make annotations on the screen
xinput - Runtime configuration and test of XInput devices
xinput-calibrator - Generic touchscreen calibration program for X.Org
kodi-peripheral-joystick - Kodi Joystick Library

Edit2: I gtg right now, so I'll check back here later.

Filemon7

Do you have enabled repository contrib and non-free ?

It maybe with wine emulator i enabled that by sudo dpkg --add-architecture  i386

Find xserver-xorg-input-kbd and install or  xserver-xorg-input-libinput.

Then test again input remapper.

Good luck.

Ze_Mind

Yeah, I have contrib and non-free

I have those two programs already installed.

Input Remapper doesn't work.

The macro keys are set to the F1-F6 keys. But I do not know how to change these.

Filemon7

Quote from: Ze_Mind on November 30, 2023, 04:26:50 PMYeah, I have contrib and non-free

I have those two programs already installed.

Input Remapper doesn't work.

The macro keys are set to the F1-F6 keys. But I do not know how to change these.

https://github.com/AntiMicroX/antimicrox/

QuoteAntiMicroX is a graphical program used to map gamepad keys to keyboard, mouse, scripts and macros. You can use this program to control any desktop application with a gamepad on Linux🐧 and Windows 🪟.
It can be also used for generating SDL2 configuration (useful for mapping atypical gamepads to generic ones like xbox360).

Maybe something like that will help.

I now just guessing.

Ze_Mind

I even ran xev, and although the letter keys showed up, the G1-G6 keys never registered.

I feel that Linux can't touch those keys. I mean possibly they can, but I have to do a lot of digging, and really isn't worth it.

I'm not mad, like throwing the keyboard out the window. It is a very nice keyboard. I just might take the G# keys off and just put some duct tape over it so I don't accidentally hit it.

Edit: The above is for gamepads.. :)

View the most recent posts on the forum