Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Upgrading conflict systemd-sysv vs. initscripts

Started by py-thon, November 11, 2023, 10:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

py-thon

For some weeks now there are several packages I have not upgraded for a conflict shown in synaptic.

Completely upgrading would result in a defect package systemd-sysv because the new version 254.5-1 in its dependencies has a conflict with initscripts. The currently installed version 254.1-3 does not have this dependency (or rather conflict).
Updating all the other packages (excepting systemd-sysv) would not result in any defect package but means that the other packages from source systemd would be updated to 254.5-1 while systemd-sysv would stay at 254.1-3. I normally try to avoid having different versions from within the same source package on my system.

Any ideas how to solve this?
Tower and Notebook: Sparky (testing) 64bit MATE

AxL

Quote from: py-thon on November 11, 2023, 10:41:46 AMFor some weeks now there are several packages I have not upgraded for a conflict shown in synaptic.

Completely upgrading would result in a defect package systemd-sysv because the new version 254.5-1 in its dependencies has a conflict with initscripts. The currently installed version 254.1-3 does not have this dependency (or rather conflict).
Updating all the other packages (excepting systemd-sysv) would not result in any defect package but means that the other packages from source systemd would be updated to 254.5-1 while systemd-sysv would stay at 254.1-3. I normally try to avoid having different versions from within the same source package on my system.

Any ideas how to solve this?

If I remember correctly (since, it was about the end of September), you must remove initscripts and install systemd-sysv:

Cheers !! 

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

py-thon

Quote from: AxL on November 15, 2023, 02:43:26 AMIf I remember correctly (since, it was about the end of September), you must remove initscripts and install systemd-sysv
I already had that idea when the problem arose for the first time but synaptic wanted to remove lots of essential packages together with initscripts. Today however there was no such problem and removing initscripts worked fine. Don't know whether I made a mistake then or the dependencies have changed in the meantime.
Thanks!
Tower and Notebook: Sparky (testing) 64bit MATE

AxL

Quote from: py-thon on November 19, 2023, 09:52:11 AM
Quote from: AxL on November 15, 2023, 02:43:26 AMIf I remember correctly (since, it was about the end of September), you must remove initscripts and install systemd-sysv
I already had that idea when the problem arose for the first time but synaptic wanted to remove lots of essential packages together with initscripts. Today however there was no such problem and removing initscripts worked fine. Don't know whether I made a mistake then or the dependencies have changed in the meantime.
Thanks!

You're welcome !!   

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

View the most recent posts on the forum