Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Absolute Beginner

Started by ethelberttaylo, July 10, 2023, 12:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ethelberttaylo

Hiyall,
I have a 2011 netbook N455 that has served me well. Even though it says that it's 64 bit, it has only ever worked satisfactorily with 32 bit OSs. The last OS on there is Mint XFCE. It's not very fast and assuredly will get slower with time.

Which Sparky DE do you recommend? Its intended use is only as an audio player. It will need a pdf reader, a text writer and v-e-r-y occasional use of a simple browser. Mainly for upgrades...and that's it!

AxL

Quote from: ethelberttaylo on July 10, 2023, 12:57:15 PMHiyall,
I have a 2011 netbook N455 that has served me well. Even though it says that it's 64 bit, it has only ever worked satisfactorily with 32 bit OSs. The last OS on there is Mint XFCE. It's not very fast and assuredly will get slower with time.

Which Sparky DE do you recommend? Its intended use is only as an audio player. It will need a pdf reader, a text writer and v-e-r-y occasional use of a simple browser. Mainly for upgrades...and that's it!

You are the typical 'mónguer' spammer, copying and repeating point by point and even using the same title, of an old thread post from more than a year ago
 (May 29, 2022, 09:49:46 AM):

Quote from: AxL on May 30, 2022, 01:58:31 PM
Quote from: Peter Linu on May 29, 2022, 09:49:46 AMHiyall,

Personally, in your particular case, I would choose LXQt or MinimalGUI (OpenBox).

As an example, I can tell you that my work netbook, (an AMD with two cores at 1.35Ghz and 4 Gb of RAM). OpenBox consumes about 240 MB just started.
And in general everything works in a really satisfactory way.

Cheers!! 

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

Shark

I wanna learn about desktops of aptus appcenter

AxL

Quote from: Shark on September 02, 2023, 01:11:59 AMI wanna learn about desktops of aptus appcenter

You don't seem to be too bright.

WTF are you replying in a dead thread, opened by a shitty spammer?
➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.

Gnomasz

Quote from: AxL on September 11, 2023, 12:51:35 PM
Quote from: Shark on September 02, 2023, 01:11:59 AMI wanna learn about desktops of aptus appcenter

You don't seem to be too bright.

WTF are you replying in a dead thread, opened by a shitty spammer?

And you don't seem to be too kind.

WTF are you replying to somone's first post with an insult?

AxL

Today isn't your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either.

I don't remember me asking about your opinions.
I wish I could have as much time as you to input into other people's business.

PT

View the most recent posts on the forum