Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Semi-rolling vs rolling release?

Started by freedom2727, August 24, 2023, 06:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freedom2727

Hi

I'm interested in using sparky (semi-)rolling. Though unclear what this exactly means. Would I need to re-install the OS at some point, or will it update continuously and I would never need to reinstall?
If the later, what makes it different to a rolling release.

Sorry if this has been answered before (I did try searching)

Thanks

AxL

Quote from: freedom2727 on August 24, 2023, 06:08:02 PMI'm interested in using sparky (semi-)rolling. Though unclear what this exactly means. Would I need to re-install the OS at some point, or will it update continuously and I would never need to reinstall?
[....]

SparkyLinux 8 'Semi-Rolling' is based on debian testing branch, at this time is trixie-sid. (And is now, what will become Debian 13, codename Trixie, that is anticipated to be available in 2025')

See also:

Quote from: freedom2727 on August 24, 2023, 06:08:02 PM[....]  Thanks

You're welcome !!

Cheers !! 
➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

freedom2727

I realised I had asked a similar question a while back (LO) - thanks again for replying

AxL

Quote from: freedom2727 on August 24, 2023, 10:49:23 PMI realised I had asked a similar question a while back (LO) - thanks again for replying

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

View the most recent posts on the forum