Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

MenuLibre

Started by edjog, August 23, 2023, 04:21:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

edjog

I think the 7.0.1 xfce version of Sparky needs a tweak. It was OK in 6.7 version, Opening Menu Editor produces a warning.

Invalid desktop files detected. Please see details.

And the details are about /usr/share/applications/kcm_trash.desktop.

I was hoping to create new WebBrowsers directory and keep lots of browsers just in there and delete them from Internet directory but things went awry. Probly trash not working right?

Edit: I reinstalled and the error was no longer there. Must have been something I did. Sorry bout that.

edjog

Update: The error message appears when installing falkon browser. It does not go away when removing falkon or on rebooting.

Error details go like this:

Parsing Errors
The following desktop files have faile parsing by the underlying library and will therefore not show up in MenuLibre. Please investigate these problems with the associated package maintainer.

/usr/share/applications/kcm_trash.desktop

Exec program 'kcmshell5 kcm_trash' has not been found in the PATH

AxL

Quote from: edjog on August 24, 2023, 06:59:52 PMUpdate: The error message appears when installing falkon browser. It does not go away when removing falkon or on rebooting.

Error details go like this:

Parsing Errors
The following desktop files have faile parsing by the underlying library and will therefore not show up in MenuLibre. Please investigate these problems with the associated package maintainer.

/usr/share/applications/kcm_trash.desktop

Exec program 'kcmshell5 kcm_trash' has not been found in the PATH

Please review these two threads:

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

edjog

Thanks. Falkon is at /usr/share/applications/org.kde.falkon.desktop and so it is kde. I also see that some KDE Connect apps are installed and don't remember seeing them before. Perhaps installed along with Falkon, or more likely I'm mistaken and they were there all along?

Anyway, there doesn't seem any harm done at the moment and Falkon seems to work fine. I might get a problem when altering the Menu Editor and will report back if so.

View the most recent posts on the forum