Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Hi World!

Started by Ze_Mind, July 29, 2023, 12:41:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ze_Mind

I'm an old Debian guy. Started with Squeeze. Had a friend help me out A LOT. Never tried the Testing branch. But from what I heard, it's more current than stable. Well, of course they freeze stable, so..

I was previously on Arch, but I don't need 20+ updates every DAY.. Half of it, I don't understand what I'm downloading.

I used Sparky years years and years ago. I never found anything special about it. But back  then, I was a Linux newb. Didn't know any better.

I've been using Linux 100% for ~12 years now. I saw a preview of Windows 8, and I ran. Far away from Windows. I liked Win 7, but it was reaching it's EOL. Was an easy transition, as most of my software was open source already. Firefox, OpenOffice, Gimp, etc.

My Dad saw me using it and was interested in it. He was having too many virus/malware problems with Win 7. I load up Mint on his computer, and he has been using it ever since. He also bought a laptop, and it had Win 10 on it. The next day, he asked me to install Mint on it.. LOL

This is probably too long anyway, so Hi!!

shortarcflyer

Welcome to the forum!

ioniqflish8827

Welcome aboard  Ze_Mind!

View the most recent posts on the forum