Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Blank and auto log in

Started by mdre808, August 31, 2023, 05:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdre808

How can I auto log in? Every time I will have to press the user name and password. Moreover, the screen of my note book always go blank , i.e., turnoff the monitor sfter 15ms

mdre808

because of my too-old note book and super-slow net connection, at least 3 minutes or more could spend to send or edit the post. I am sorry for that. I tried to solve those but  especially as I am watching a movie, the screen goes blank would be so annoying.

AxL

Quote from: mdre808 on August 31, 2023, 05:11:47 AMHow can I auto log in?  [....]

Quote from: mdre808 on August 31, 2023, 05:46:30 AMbecause of my too-old note book and super-slow net connection, at least 3 minutes or more could spend to send or edit the post. I am sorry for that. I tried to solve those but  especially as I am watching a movie, the screen goes blank would be so annoying.

Assuming that you are using xfce Power-Manager and XScreensaver. See:

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

AxL

Quote from: mdre808 on August 31, 2023, 05:46:30 AM[....] I tried to solve those but  especially as I am watching a movie, the screen goes blank would be so annoying.

And if you use VLC or MPlayer to watch the video/movie you are referring to:

VLC
Menu Tools -> Preferences (Show settings = ALL) -> Video
Then on the right panel tick the Disable Screensaver option.

Save, exit and restart VLC for the change to take effect.

MPlayer
Add this code, to ~/.mplayer/config

heartbeat-cmd="xscreensaver-command -deactivate &"
stop-xscreensaver="yes"

Cheers !! 
➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.

mdre808

Thank you, by the way, it's not xfce, it's lxqt power manager, which seems change nothing I have modified at all. That will bring the next problem. The blank issue is resolved, but after I closed the lid for a while, the note book suspended or slept : no more just turns off the monitor as before.

AxL

Quote from: mdre808 on September 11, 2023, 07:31:57 AMThank you, by the way, it's not xfce, it's lxqt power manager, which seems change nothing I have modified at all. That will bring the next problem. The blank issue is resolved, but after I closed the lid for a while, the note book suspended or slept : no more just turns off the monitor as before.

You're welcome !! 

mdre808

Today, I shall told a joke of myself. I pressed alt ctr t to open a terminal, but nothing happened.  I checked shortcut keys and made it defaulted, still, the issue reminded. Suddenly I saw this USB keyboard had not connected to the note book, so what a careless one I am! owing to defaulted setting, I saw alt ctr t combination was omitted. How could it come back?

AxL

mdre808

As for pc, I can't login this forum. As for cellphone, the forum can't start a new topic. Thus, I have to write it there. I have specific Android5 phone for media entertainment use. yesterday both its interstorage and tf card's data was deleted as I was in mtp mode, sawing a 'redundant' file seemed 'storage', and all the files had gone. as in usb mode, interstorage didn't appear, so I usually choose mtp. I did my best to recover, but the apps can't detect in mtp mode, as usb mode, interstorage can't be shown. Moreover, the files' original structure would be recoverd,  which some apps can't do, otherwise what a messy I saw. help......

AxL

Anyway, whatever ... I'm done here.

View the most recent posts on the forum