Started by Amol, September 02, 2021, 05:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amol

Hello sparkers!
How to to do this in command line ?
Thank you.

Amol

Hello again.
I've found a solution : you just need to install lightdm with synaptic.In his parameters there is an option : automatic login.That's all folks ;-)
OK, bye.

RiverLooker

Same question ... different situation

Just downloaded sparkylinux-6.6-armhf.zip and used Win-10 Rufus 3.7.1576 to write out to 32GB SD card. 

Put SD card in Raspberry Pi 4B, watched boot messages fly by, got GUI dialog box which ASKS FOR USER NAME AND PASSWORD!

Clearly I missed something here. I have no clue what you might have selected for a first boot. Maybe this distro isn't for me or my RPi4.

WHAT'S THE DEFAULT NAME/PASSWORD?

bin

AxL

Quote from: RiverLooker on November 30, 2021, 09:34:35 PM
[....]  Put SD card in Raspberry Pi 4B, watched boot messages fly by, got GUI dialog box which ASKS FOR USER NAME AND PASSWORD!

Clearly I missed something here. I have no clue what you might have selected for a first boot. Maybe this distro isn't for me or my RPi4.

WHAT'S THE DEFAULT NAME/PASSWORD?

I believe that the articles in the documentation are written for the users, :o and they should at least read them:

PD.- Please don't use capital letters (it implies that you are shouting)   >:(

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

Slyvester

Hi RiverLooker,

Looks like you're looking for the right password and right user name ? Bin gave you the correct answer. When using your sparky-live, you should try  : ==> live = sparky live user name & live = the live user's password

Link : https://wiki.sparkylinux.org/doku.php/live_users

Slyvester

RiverLooker

Thanks all!
Went to sparky_arm [Sparky Wiki] ... found the login/password I needed.

I had looked for the docs, but not being familiar with the site, didn't find. (Think I've said "Read the Manual" now and then in my career! Came back to bite me.)

Problem solved, thanks again.

AxL

Quote from: RiverLooker on December 01, 2021, 08:27:42 PM
[....]
Went to sparky_arm [Sparky Wiki] ... found the login/password I needed.

[....]
Problem solved, thanks again.

You're welcome!!  ;)

Cheers!!   8)
➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

View the most recent posts on the forum