Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Hey Everyone!

Started by configX, October 22, 2014, 03:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

configX

Glad to be here! I've been using some form of Linux since 2007 but never really settled on a distro...until now. I jumped on the forums to exclaim that I am absolutely and utterly impressed with Sparky. I opted for the JWM flavor as I prefer speed and simplicity over looks, especially on this older iMac with 1 GB of memory. Yep, that's right...Sparky on an iMac (sole OS too). So far it's working swimmingly, using only 150 MB of RAM after startup. The only issue that I have encountered so far (minor) is pavroo's bookmarks are still in the file manager: http://imgur.com/5V2FqUm.png. No biggie - I removed them.

To all involved in making this, thanks so much!

way12go

Yeah! I too love Sparkylinux. And, I too installed Sparkylinux JWM on my 1 GB RAM Desktop and 2 GB RAM Laptop. Both Dual-core CPU PCs and as Pavroo suggested I installed the
pae kernel for the 32 bit distro I've used. I like to use 64 bit distro but I'm using 32 bit distro because RAM is not above 4 GB.

I know JWM is used on Puppylinux and they have some configuration manager for JWM and I requested pavroo about it on Sparkylinux Applications forum-thread.

Thanks.
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

pavroo

Hi configX
It's nice to see you here.
It can't be mine, all my production sparky installations are in English only.
But I'll double check it to make sure what's going on.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

configX

Very strange. When I clicked on them it said it couldn't find the file location (e.g. /home/pavroo/Dokumenty).

pavroo

Go to:
~HOME/.config
directory and remove 'pcmanfm' folder, then restart pcmanfm.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

configX

View the most recent posts on the forum