Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Recent posts

General discussion / Steps to fix broken lightzone ...
Last post by bazzvn - July 13, 2024, 04:29:16 AM
The lightzone package has been broken for quite a long time. However, you can find a good deb for both Stable and Testing in the Suse OBS. Before installing the OBS version, you need to install the package
libjiconfont-google-material-design-icons-java_2.2.0.2-1_all.deb
This is not available in the Debian repositories, but you can download it from
 https://launchpad.net/~lightzone-team/+archive/ubuntu/lightzone/+packages
So, the steps are:
1. Download and install libjiconfont-google-material-design-icons-java_2.2.0.2-1_all.deb
2. Download and install lightzone_5.0.0.beta2-1+210.5_amd64.deb for your version of Sparky from the Suse OBS
3. In a terminal type sudo apt-mark hold lightzone to prevent it being overwritten during updates.

Enjoy lightzone!

bazzvn
Desktops / Re: Ukui desktop
Last post by notlurking - July 12, 2024, 03:29:24 AM
I was able to bring up a terminal and logged into Trinity. There is something wrong with UKUI desktop. I will remove it. I do like Sparky very much. Thank you for your help.
Last post by pavroo - July 12, 2024, 12:17:55 AM
Disable autologin using any text editor, for example nano:
sudo nano /etc/lightdm/lightdm.confchange the line of the [Seat:*] section, to:
#autologin-session=then reboot to get the login screen and choose UKUI.
Last post by notlurking - July 11, 2024, 05:39:36 PM
As I mentioned at the beginning I used APTus.
Last post by pavroo - July 11, 2024, 01:55:52 PM
How did you install ukui: via aptus, minimlagui/cli iso or other way?
Last post by notlurking - July 11, 2024, 12:59:05 PM
Hello. There is no login screen. It goes straight to the UKUI desktop but there no panel except for the conky.
Last post by pavroo - July 11, 2024, 11:03:01 AM
Choose UKUI Desktop/session instead of Default on login screen.
Desktops / Ukui desktop
Last post by notlurking - July 11, 2024, 02:30:28 AM
Hello to all.

I installed the Ukui desktop using APTus. When I logged into it there was no panel at all. With the mouse I clicked all over the screen and there was nothing I could do to use the desktop. No terminal to use either. My question is do I need to reinstall Sparky. Thanks
System upgrading / Re: Sparkyy7 Upgrad No login
Last post by msseufert - July 09, 2024, 06:19:32 PM
If this is a KDE version. This also happens in Debian proper. It seems that in the case of Debian, the SDDM login screen doesn't have a default theme selected after installation and then upgrading to trixie, which I think Sparky is based on. In a test environment, I did a clean install of Debian stable, made sure I had an SDDM theme selected in the Login Screen portion of System Settings, saved my changes, THEN I upgraded to trixie and the issue seems to have gone away.

Things I'm assuming:
1. You are using SDDM
2. This issue is related to trixie

I really should download and test this in a lab VM and report back.

Sorry, but I've never used Sparky Linux but I have seen signs that it's built on Debian Testing(trixie)
System upgrading / Re: When Upgrading
Last post by msseufert - July 09, 2024, 06:11:52 PM
I signed up just to answer this.

This is an upstream issue from Sparky's perspective. The issue is with Debian testing/Trixie, which it appears Sparky or yourself are using. This issue, however, is resolved in Debian Sid so it's already fixed from an upstream perspective and options currently are to wait for Debian to backport the fix from Sid to Trixie or perhaps the Sparky devs can do that sooner.

View the most recent posts on the forum