Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

NoDistroTemplateException

Started by piker, July 05, 2019, 12:56:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

piker

I have used the MinimalGui install (Rolling) and installed gnome-shell. I am getting this error when trying to look at the Repositories in Synaptic. "aptsources.distro.NoDistroTemplateException: Error: could not find a distribution template for Sparky/buster". I only changed list.sources slightly to use a local mirror, which i've used in the past with no worries. What should I do?

paxmark1

sorry mis-read, "apt -s install ... " not relevant.
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

piker

Apt from the terminal seems to be working without errors, its just Synaptic. I seem to remember the Openbox desktop (installed by minimal gui) being removed at some stage after gnome-shell installation. Could that have something to do with this? Anyone else having problems viewing "repositories" via Synaptics gui menu?

piker

#update - well I couldn't get this sorted. It may have been when the Openbox desktop was uninstalled. Just out of curiosity, is it possible to use the Minimal-gui to just install a desktop of choice, or does it always install Openbox first?

View the most recent posts on the forum