Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Mouse & keyboard not working

Started by Christoffer, April 03, 2015, 07:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoffer

So, I just rebooted because Steam wouldn't open.

Now another problem has occurred. When I get to my login screen, neither my keyboard or mouse is functional. Not sure what happened.
Both devices work fine in the bootloader when selecting operating system, so they're not dead.

And I can't CTRL+ALT+F1, so...

What happened maaaan?
I got 99 problems right now and this seems so silly, but I can't do anything without this fixed >:(((

Sorry for bothering you guys with so many questions, but I guess I screwed something else up.

EDIT: Changing USB port doesn't work, motherboard has no PS/2 port. Mouse is not lit up nor is the laser.

MoroS

Hi. What hardware is it? First I thought that it's Xorg capturing and loosing input capabilities, but if the mouse doesn't lit up, then it seems that USB gets disabled. Did you do any kernel updates recently? Other than that similar issues tend to happen on Gigabyte motherboards? Maybe it's your case also?
There's no such thing as "impossible". :)

Christoffer

Quote from: MoroS on April 04, 2015, 11:14:59 AM
Hi. What hardware is it? First I thought that it's Xorg capturing and loosing input capabilities, but if the mouse doesn't lit up, then it seems that USB gets disabled. Did you do any kernel updates recently? Other than that similar issues tend to happen on Gigabyte motherboards? Maybe it's your case also?

I'm using an ASUS motherboard, so that ain't it. I don't recall doing any updates either.

I guess I'm gonna have to do a clean install.

View the most recent posts on the forum