Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Sparky Sucessfully Installed to a Desktop Machine

Started by dhinds, November 17, 2013, 12:01:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhinds

I was so pleased with the performance and functionality of Sparky on my ThinkPad W520 I decided to install it on a desktop computer built with a Gigabye X58A-UD7 Motherboard w/ an i7 CPU at 920, a Cooler Master V-10 CPU cooler, 16 Gb Kingston DDR3 RAM and a Gigabyte NVidia GeForce GTS250 Graphics Adapter in July of 2010, using the same iso file I had downloaded for the ThinkPad (3.1 Mate 64 bit) earlier.

The solution for the bug that prevented me from installing Wine on the 64 bit version was applied and the problem I had with the login didn't occur.

Among the reasons I prefer Sparky over other Debian derivatives aside from the desktop environment is the large amount of software available in the repositories (compared to Point, for instance) and another is the quality of the responses received here on the Sparky forum.

I also noticed that after Debian itself, Sparky is the highest ranked Debian derivative listed on Distrowatch at present (and there quite a few of them).

I updated and upgraded everything with no problems but thought I'd ask when a new build will be available (with the Mate 3.1 64 bit - Wine bug fixed)?

pavroo

I am glad that you have installed Sparky on your second machine.

New iso images will be published next month, means December 2013.

I've been working on something else now and I'd like to publish it soon.

regards

pavroo
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

dhinds

Quote:

Quote from pavroo on November 17, 2013, 14:15

I am glad that you have installed Sparky on your second machine.

Yes, the desktop computer mentioned above is running Sparky Mate perfectly and is now my main system.

Quote:

New iso images will be published next month, means December 2013.

I've been working on something else now and I'd like to publish it soon.

regards

pavroo

I will be looking forward to that, and install it on another desktop machine (w/ an Asus MB and an AMD FX CPU) currently running Zeven/Neptune (a Debian / KDE derivative - I feel I am getting more done with Mate, thanks to the selection of items that can be added to the panels and it also seems more responsive).

Thanks for the info, Pavroo.

View the most recent posts on the forum