Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

<RESOLVED>a little issue

Started by mdre808, November 19, 2020, 04:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdre808

Ciao! After I upgrade to semi-rolling bulls eye, I suddenly found that as I insert my smart phone to PC, it did not link as a USB or a MTP as before, it just did the recharge. Althought not big deal, but I still feel rather inconveinient.

lami07

Whats your desktop environment ? What apt policy gvfs-backends say ?
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

mdre808

gvfs-backends:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 1.46.1-1
  Version table:
     1.46.1-1 500
        500 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 Packages

lami07

If you are using gtk based file manager ( for example thunar, caja, gnome-files etc.) installing gvfs-backends should do the trick. Don't forget about reboot.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

mdre808

mdre808

But...I did enter the smart device just now, I cannot open any video or audio from the smart device, why and how?

mdre808

And would you do my a second favor after helping me open media files via the smart phone?  You kown because of my super-slow web connection. the second one is that qbittorrent sometimes seems to  slowing my old PC ( a old notebook)down. This had happened before. It is not a big issue though, would be much better if resolved. I use PCmanFm, the default file manager.

mdre808

View the most recent posts on the forum