Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Recent posts

Applications / Re: Mercury e Thorium browser
Last post by Henry1 - February 24, 2024, 08:48:23 PM
There are the two icons of Mercury and Thorium browser but there is a warning (regarding the version of the operating system) without any option to install these two browsers through APTus AppCenter. I don't know if it's due to my 2nd generation processor or it's for another reason impossible to install Mercury and Thorium browser.
Last post by pavroo - February 24, 2024, 07:20:54 PM
No, it is not there yet. I update aptus ones per month approx.
Last post by Henry1 - February 24, 2024, 06:44:50 PM
Hi Pavroo,

I forgot to mention that from Sparkylinux 7.2 XFCE APTus AppCenter the installation of both browser is "not available for the version of the operating system" and even from the terminal doesn't work...
Last post by pavroo - February 24, 2024, 04:30:39 PM
Applications / Mercury e Thorium browser
Last post by Henry1 - February 24, 2024, 03:45:11 PM
Hi Pavroo,

On Sparky 7.2 XFCE can't install Mercury or Thorium browser, is it possible in Sparkylinux 8 XFCE?

Thank you in advance.

Henry
Introduction / hi!!
Last post by dougtheslug - February 23, 2024, 05:49:13 PM
Hello there Sparkyans! I just installed Sparky linux, and I wonder why I didn't discover it before, I've been looking for a lightweight distribution to run Virtual machines (Gnome-Boxes, Q-emu) and Sparky is what I needed all along, I think I will try to remaster it to be used solely for this purpose. any ideas anyone.
Installation / Re: help for newby
Last post by AxL - February 23, 2024, 01:42:43 PM
Quote from: longshanks on February 23, 2024, 11:02:40 AM[....] I have downloaded the suggested iso onto a usb stick now what sequence do I follow next to install it onto my laptop.

Please, check the SparkyLinux wiki documentation:

Installation / help for newby
Last post by longshanks - February 23, 2024, 11:02:40 AM
hello all.
please bear with me as I am quite new to Linux, I Have an old Dell Latitude laptop 32 bit still running Windows 7. Read an article on Sparky and thought it would be a good idea to replace win7 with sparky. I have downloaded the suggested iso onto a usb stick now what sequence do I follow next to install it onto my laptop.
many thanks

Installation / Re: Help finding 32-bit varian...
Last post by AxL - February 21, 2024, 10:11:46 PM
Download MinimalGUI - Sparkylinux-7.2-i686:

Installation / Re: Help finding 32-bit varian...
Last post by AxL - February 21, 2024, 08:58:52 PM
Quote from: longshanks on February 21, 2024, 09:41:14 AM[....]  I too am looking to to revive my aging laptop which is a Dell latitude running an i5 processor with 32 bit architecture. Would your advice also apply to me with the MinimalGUI i686 openbox iso.?

Yesterday, I already answered you properly, in your first message.

So, please don't ask the same question in three different threads. It is very rude, and also creates useless and unnecessary threads.

Quote from: longshanks on February 21, 2024, 09:41:14 AM[....]  many thanks
You're welcome !!

View the most recent posts on the forum