Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

[Solved] lightdm-manager does not open

Started by MintChipMadness, July 05, 2015, 01:32:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MintChipMadness

Hello,

To start off, I am using SparkyLinux 4.0 Xfce x86_64. I was hoping someone could help with the issue I am having. I installed the Lightdm Manager but it does not open. I ot to the point where I put in the password but then nothing happens. When logging in through the terminal I get the information below. Does anyone have a fix for this issue? It would be helpful to adjust the settings of the display manager without editing a config file that I am unfamiliar with. Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,
MintChipMadness

mintchipmadness@sparky:~$ gksu lightdm-manager
/usr/lib/lightdm-manager/lightdm-manager.py:36: Warning: The property GtkToolButton:stock-id is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
  self.builder.add_from_file(join(self.scriptDir, '../../share/lightdm-manager/lightdm-manager.glade'))
/usr/lib/lightdm-manager/lightdm-manager.py:36: Warning: The property GtkWidget:margin-left is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
  self.builder.add_from_file(join(self.scriptDir, '../../share/lightdm-manager/lightdm-manager.glade'))
/usr/lib/lightdm-manager/lightdm-manager.py:36: Warning: The property GtkWidget:margin-right is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
/usr/lib/lightdm-manager/lightdm-manager.py:36: Warning: The property GtkButton:xalign is deprecated and shouldn't be used anymore. It will be removed in a future version.
Create list store eval string: Gtk.ListStore(bool, str, int, int)
DEBUG     Create list store eval string: Gtk.ListStore(bool, str, int, int)
Create column names: ['Column 0', 'Column 1']
DEBUG     Create column names: ['Column 0', 'Column 1']
Add data to list store: liststore.append([False, "mintchipmadness", 400, 10000])
DEBUG     Add data to list store: liststore.append([False, "mintchipmadness", 400, 10000])
Create column: Gtk.TreeViewColumn("Column 0", Gtk.CellRendererToggle(), active=0)
DEBUG     Create column: Gtk.TreeViewColumn("Column 0", Gtk.CellRendererToggle(), active=0)
Check box found: add toggle function
DEBUG     Check box found: add toggle function
Column added: Column 0
DEBUG     Column added: Column 0
Create column: Gtk.TreeViewColumn("Column 1", Gtk.CellRendererText(), text=1, weight=2, size=3)
DEBUG     Create column: Gtk.TreeViewColumn("Column 1", Gtk.CellRendererText(), text=1, weight=2, size=3)
Column added: Column 1
DEBUG     Column added: Column 1
DEBUG     Add Liststore to Treeview
Scrolled to selected row: 0
DEBUG     Scrolled to selected row: 0
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/lightdm-manager/lightdm-manager.py", line 381, in <module>
    gui = LightDMManager()
  File "/usr/lib/lightdm-manager/lightdm-manager.py", line 147, in __init__
    self.setBackground(self.curBgPath)
  File "/usr/lib/lightdm-manager/lightdm-manager.py", line 358, in setBackground
    if exists(path):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/genericpath.py", line 19, in exists
    os.stat(path)
TypeError: stat: can't specify None for path argument
mintchipmadness@sparky:~$

pavroo

Lightdm Manager is a 3th party application.
Can you report it to the app developer Schoelje at SolydXK forums?
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

pavroo

It's fixed now.
Upgrade lightdm-manager to the latest version 0.7.3-sparky-20150707 from our repository.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

MintChipMadness

Hi Pavroo,

Thank you for the tip and the fix. I appreciate it.

Best Regards,
MintChipMadness

View the most recent posts on the forum