Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

wd mycloud and Dolphin

Started by northern, January 28, 2017, 01:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northern

Hello everyone.  I have 3 computers running Sparky Linux Kde.  I have a Western Digital My Cloud (NAS) which isn't discovered or seen by Dolphin most of the time. If it does show up in Networks I can't open the MYCloud folder or its empty.
What is puzzling is PCmanFM  file manager finds it easily and I can add files etc.  PCmanfm is installed in the same OS.   I am sure there is a setting that isn't right or something needs to be installed? Nfs-common is installed. Thanks ... Jon

paxmark1

One possibility is to search through the Siduction forums for recent posts.  Several there have been running KDE on sid for many years.  Check the Debian BTS.  Maybe also try on irc.  Since it does not happen in pcmanfmqt based on the same QT5 libraries as KDE - it probably is in some of the tier 2, 3, or 4 KF5 code.  The branch  of KDE you are runnng is destined for LTS and what with the approaching freeze, squashing of all bugs like this is job #1 for most Debian KDE devs.  Short answer is, it is probably going to get fixed in the near future. 

One of the shortcomings of Sparky is the inability to easily foward bugs up to Debian, it is not anyones fault, it just is.  We do have the ability to search the wide world of Debian for answers.  As I said, "it just is."

One possible solution for those of us running multiple  machines is to have one of your machines run Debian testing.  It is the same debian packages for KDE.  That way one can send bug reports up, and then also mention that it affects 2 other machines running Sparky.  You advance the cause of Debian and Sparky gets a plug.    These views are entirely my own and not recommendations, just options to think about.

Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

northern

Thanks for the response. After I wrote that yesterday I installed Ubuntu 16.10 in a dual boot setup just to try Nautilus and it has the same issue as Dolphin. I will read over and try your suggestions , thanks again. After searching around for Linux and WD Mycloud I see a few  comments  where there was the same problem after upgrading (eg. ubuntu 16.04 to 16.10).

View the most recent posts on the forum