Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Bit Clueless

Started by handy1912, December 06, 2017, 02:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handy1912

Hello, I have tried various flavours of linux and now have MX 16  and Sparky which is now my go to distro.
I have put a bit clueless in the subject box as I really can not understand where I should write my hello or my question.  I am non tech and so far Sparky just works.
Can not get to grips with Gimp and have always used Pinta. It will only work in layer mode though although the same version works fine in MX. Any ideas?  The other one is will I harm the Sparky distro if I uninstall Firefox?
Sorry if this is in the wrong place. 8)

blaze

Welcome to Sparky forums handy 1912, nice to meet you! :)

No you will not harm the system, you can uninstall Firefox, no problem. And then use your preferred browser of choice. Your Gimp problem is more or less unknown territory for me. So my suggestion is that you ask about it in the "Applications" part of the forum, or possibly the "Newbie questions" section. It is more appropriate than this introduction thread. Chances that you get adequate help is also much much higher. :)
Unstable OpenBoxer

paxmark1

If you are going to use gimp, study it as hard as if you were going to start using Adobe Photoshop.  youtube and howtos on the web are free. 
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

Wombat

Krita is another option and is now available via Synaptic. Just use Gimp when necessary.

View the most recent posts on the forum