Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Number Lock Stopping Logon

Started by logomage, November 20, 2020, 11:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

logomage

One persistent problem I've found with Sparky after first installation - and I've installed it on several machines now - is that after having set it up it's very easy not to realise that it's launched with Number Lock engaged.

This means of course that your password won't be recognised because you are, unbeknownst to yourself, failing to type in the correct alphanumeric combination.

This makes for a very frustrating and trying time until the penny finally drops!

cecca

You're lucky  ;D I can try to get the numlock on without any result (also setting it in the settings)

lami07

What is your desktop environment ?
I guess simplest way to fix your issues would be to install numlockx and add to your session autostart numlockx off to disable NumLock at boot.

By analogy same tool can be used to enable NumLock at boot with numlockx on
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum