Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

where are the sources for sparky

Started by foss, January 08, 2016, 02:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pavroo

The path is correct.
Simply download 'budgie-desktop_version*_arch*.tar.gz' package, extract the archive to find what you looking for.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

foss

I'm looking at this file

- http://sourceforge.net/projects/sparkylinux/files/files/apps-src/budgie-desktop_10.2.2_amd64.tar.gz

In the DEBIAN folder there are only three files - one is a partial control file, a md5sum and something else.

Where is the rules file and the full control file (that include the build-depends) - I need at least those two files to practise a rebuild.

pavroo

All the packages are done and placed in the repos now.
Try it out.

foss

Wonderful @Pavroo - I've enabled deb-src in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/sparky.list and I can now do

apt-get source budgie-desktop

I'm trying to rebuild the source and package as follows

mv budgie-desktop_10.2.2-1.tar.gz budgie-desktop_10.2.2.orig.tar.gz
tar -xvf budgie-desktop_10.2.2.orig.tar.gz
cd budgie-desktop-10.2.2
debuild -us -uc

the resultant amd64.deb is smaller that the sparky repo amd64.deb - more importantly after dpkg -i *.deb budgie-desktop just black screens.

Are you building in some other way?

pavroo

Almost the same, just my last command is:
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc

pavroo

Missing dependencies, wait for a next version.

pavroo

There is an upgraded version of budgie 10.2.2-1-1 in the repos now.
Try again.

foss

ok - ta.

when compiling it is complaining about gir1.2-gee-1.0 not being available - its not in debian testing.  So I changed this in the control file for gir1.2-gee-0.8 and rebuilt and installed.

All seems to be OK ... for debian testing.

I've taken the same source and package and rebuilt in ubuntu 16.04 xenial.  I'm getting a black-screen on logon.  Dont really have any idea why.

What makes it strange - I can take the binary .deb built in sparky debian and install in ubuntu 16.04 and all works ok.

ho hum. Thanks again for packaging this.

pavroo

gir1.2-gee-0.8 - my mistake - have to change it again.

But the question is: the default budgie installation starts with no wallpaper loaded - it is black, but is there a panel on the top of a screen?

foss

all is well if I compile under debian testing (sparky) and reinstall the built  .deb.

If I take the source and build under ubuntu 16.04 - which in theory is the same as debian testing - I just get a black screen - no panel - nothing.

in journalctl I can see the following errors which doesnt mean much to me.

Jan  2 22:48:07 dad-VirtualBox gnome-session[1092]: (budgie-wm:1382): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid (NULL) pointer instance
Jan  2 22:48:07 dad-VirtualBox gnome-session[1092]: (budgie-wm:1382): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_signal_connect_object: assertion 'G_TYPE_CHECK_INSTANCE (instance)' failed
Jan  2 22:48:07 dad-VirtualBox gnome-session[1092]: (budgie-panel:1391): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: cannot register existing type 'BudgieDesktopManager'
Jan  2 22:48:07 dad-VirtualBox gnome-session[1092]: (budgie-panel:1391): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_once_init_leave: assertion 'result != 0' failed
Jan  2 22:48:07 dad-VirtualBox gnome-session[1092]: (budgie-panel:1391): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_param_spec_object: assertion 'g_type_is_a (object_type, G_TYPE_OBJECT)' failed
Jan  2 22:48:07 dad-VirtualBox gnome-session[1092]: (budgie-panel:1391): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_class_install_property: assertion 'G_IS_PARAM_SPEC (pspec)' failed
Jan  2 22:48:07 dad-VirtualBox gnome-session[1092]: (budgie-panel:1391): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: g_object_new_valist: object class 'BudgieRaven' has no property named 'manager'

pavroo

Uninstall your deb built on ubuntu.
Grab a fresh source from sparky repos, untar it, get inside it and run the configuration process manually:
./configure
Then check the output - it will tell you what's missing.

foss

yep - that's the strange thing.  I can ./configure and sudo make install the source and then login just fine - panel and everything works just fine.

Its just building a .deb and installing that that fails.

pavroo

Is the building tool in 100% the same on ubuntu and debian?
I don't know it well, but doesn't it make any change in the deb?

foss

I honestly thought they were identical.  Ubuntu takes 99% of all its packages straight from Debian Unstable.  The build robot just changes the "unstable" repo name in the changelog (and maybe the section name in the control file) and replaces it with either "main" or "universe" since these are the repo names.  Other than that, the package is the same.

There is some very weird obscure ubuntu build issue which I have no idea how to get around :(

pavroo

Just one more thing - did you build it on 32 or 64 bit systems?

View the most recent posts on the forum