Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

New user, trying to offer a bug fix

Started by kwg, May 13, 2022, 11:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwg

I am a longtime Linux user. While I have settled happily into Arch-based EndeavourOS as my daily driver, I have always installed Xubuntu on the computers of friends and family. Recently, I have soured on Xubuntu, mainly because of the imposition on users of Snap packages, especially Firefox, so now I'm looking for another Debian-based distribution for friends and family.

I am running Sparky (Xfce) and SolydX (also Xfce) in testing environments, and I must say that Sparky Xfce is wonderful. I experienced a few problems with the out-of-the-box Sparky experience, mainly with the rendering of fonts in Firefox, but I was able to resolve these problems. (Unfortunately, my friends and family who would use Sparky do not have the expertise to fix such problems on their own, so I am a little concerned.)

I love the ambition that Sparky has shown with APTus. While I would ordinarily use the command line to perform the tasks facilitated with APTus, I look forward to being able to instruct ordinary users (my friends and family) to use APTus instead of the command line.

While testing the APTus app, I noticed a problem, and I developed a solution. I tried to post my solution to the forums. However, whenever I try to post a new topic to the Applications category, I receive a permissions error. Maybe, as a new member, I am not allowed to create a new topic.

kwg

When I attempt to post a bug fix, I continue to see:

QuoteForbidden

You don't have permission to access this resource.

pavroo

Probably your bug fix features some forbidden by firewall quotes, sorry.
Better way to do so is posting it on github.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

kwg

I have just now posted my bug fix to GitHub.

View the most recent posts on the forum