Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

SPARKY LINUX 3.6 GAMEOVER NOT GETTING INSTALLED ON HARD DRIVE

Started by irshad.shaikh609, February 03, 2015, 07:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irshad.shaikh609

Hi,
whenever i try to install sparky linux 3.6 gameover after booting live into it via the installer, it just goes fine upto the screen where it asks for username password etc. And then the whole system hangs as soon as i click the "Forward" button.. And then there's no way unless i unplug the system and reboot again... plzzzzzzzz help.. I'll be really greatful.. i used the unetbin, rufus, linuxlive usb creator for creating the bootable usb.. but still it hangs in the same place.. guys plz help me.. i really want  to try linux cuz m done enough researching about low resource OSes.. and i think sparky gameover is fine for me... i jus want to install it to my hard drive anyhow!

pavroo

Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

irshad.shaikh609

pavroo.. brother actually i want to dual boot sparky with win7. and when last time i tried with the so called text installer or what you call to type sudo sparkylinux-installer in the terminal, i ended up messing with my win7 boot files (i donno how, but when i failed to install linux, i rebooted my system normally and it said "kindly insert proper boot media or select boot device and restart".. ) Anyway, i mended it up with the recovery CD. thank god! it was really a catastrophic condition for me.. Whatever.. i still want to install sparky.. plz tell me the step by step procedure.. kindly note that my hardrive already has 4 partitions (i.e. system partition, C Drive, D drive & E drive) and i have emptied my E drive (which is 172.8GB) for sparkylinux.

irshad.shaikh609

Guys,
I am really fed up trying to install sparky 3.6 on Hard disk again and again without any good result.. can anyone help me?
KINDLY NOTE THAT MY SYSTEM ALREADY HAS 4 PRIMARY PARTITIONS( system drive, C Drive, D Drive & E Drive). THE JESSIE INSTALLER GETS HANGED UP AND THE OLD INSTALLER (sudo sparkylinux-installer) DOESN'T SHOW THE LOGICAL PARTITIONS CREATED IN AN EXTENDED DRIVE(created in free space after deleting E Drive) FOR SWAP AND ROOT PARTITIONS.

I really hope for an answer depicting step by step procedure of installing sparky in dual boot with win7 without damaging my current win7 installation.

pavroo

@irshad.shaikh609
Please, don't create many topics with the same problem.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

MoroS

Quote from: irshad.shaikh609 on February 04, 2015, 10:29:58 AM
MY SYSTEM ALREADY HAS 4 PRIMARY PARTITIONS

If you're using a BIOS-based computer, then you're not going to install any distro that doesn't support NTFS installation (Sparky doesn't). BIOS has a physical limitation of 4 primary partitions. If you're on EFI, then there's no problem (and no limitation of such). Still, that shouldn't be the problem for hanging the installer. For future reference, when adding a post about a problem please provide more info than "it hangs". What did you enter for your full name and user name? We're not all-seeing here and need some data to even try to recreate the problem, not mentioning trying to solve it.
There's no such thing as "impossible". :)

View the most recent posts on the forum