Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Recent posts

Installation / Re: Help finding 32-bit varian...
Last post by AxL - February 21, 2024, 08:58:52 PM
Quote from: longshanks on February 21, 2024, 09:41:14 AM[....]  I too am looking to to revive my aging laptop which is a Dell latitude running an i5 processor with 32 bit architecture. Would your advice also apply to me with the MinimalGUI i686 openbox iso.?

Yesterday, I already answered you properly, in your first message.

So, please don't ask the same question in three different threads. It is very rude, and also creates useless and unnecessary threads.

Quote from: longshanks on February 21, 2024, 09:41:14 AM[....]  many thanks
You're welcome !!

Installation / O/S upgrade
Last post by longshanks - February 21, 2024, 09:52:19 AM
Hi,
I am looking to revive my old Dell laptop a Latitude i5 with 32 bit architecture, at the moment It has an older Mint 19 OS but after coming across a recent article on Sparky I want to give it a go. My Q is What version of Sparky to use obviously it got to be 32 bit version but I cannot find.
many thanks
Brian
Installation / Re: Help finding 32-bit varian...
Last post by longshanks - February 21, 2024, 09:41:14 AM
Hi,
I too am looking to to revive my aging laptop which is a Dell latitude running an i5 processor with 32 bit architecture. Would your advice also apply to me with the MinimalGUI i686 openbox iso.?
many thanks
Brian
Suggestions / Suggest using mate-calc instea...
Last post by xingjiapeng - February 21, 2024, 05:39:39 AM
In sparkylinux-2024.02-x86_64-mate.iso, galculator is pre-installed as the default calculator app, which has its last update nine years ago. It is probably out-of-date. Instead, mate-calc is the native calculator application in mate desktop.
General discussion / Re: Revive my older win 7 lapt...
Last post by AxL - February 20, 2024, 05:22:46 PM
Quote from: longshanks on February 20, 2024, 12:45:12 PM[....] I am looking to revive my older Dell 32 bit win 7 laptop, having just read an article on Sparky what version of sparky should I use and where to download it ?
I think, the most recommended version for you, is MinimalGUI i686

See also: 

Quote from: longshanks on February 20, 2024, 12:45:12 PM[....]  many thanks
You're welcome !!

Cheers !! 
General discussion / Revive my older win 7 laptop
Last post by longshanks - February 20, 2024, 12:45:12 PM
Hi,
I am looking to revive my older Dell 32 bit win 7 laptop, having just read an article on Sparky what version of sparky should I use and where to download it ?

many thanks
Applications / Re: Ungoogled Chromium extensi...
Last post by Henry1 - February 19, 2024, 10:57:05 PM
The issue I have with UC is with the installation of all the extensions, Chrome Web Store included, causing flickering; I have switched to Mozilla Firefox and maybe when Chrome starts losing users will be more than happy...
Applications / Re: Ungoogled Chromium extensi...
Last post by pavroo - February 19, 2024, 10:20:26 PM
Hi,
Its about Chrome changes to prevent installing addblock plugins, if I remember well.
Applications / Ungoogled Chromium extensions ...
Last post by Henry1 - February 19, 2024, 09:02:27 PM
Hi Pavroo,

The latest 2 versions of Ungoogled Chromium gave me troubles with the installation of the extensions of Chrome Web Store, Google Translator e Ublock origin; I am on Sparkylinux 7.2 xfce on Hp650 notebook; after flickering the computer freezes and have to exit and re-enter; has anything changed with Chrome Web Store? Even enabling developer mode there is display flickering and have to try 2-3 times before all these extensions are installed; I don't know if it's my problem, is UC or the Chrome Web Store; I can't find this issue on internet and I don't know if the latest version 121.0.6167.184-1.1 has solved this problem.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Henry

Applications / Cairo Dock
Last post by notlurking - February 19, 2024, 02:19:18 AM
Hello to all. Love Sparky Linux. I would like to remove the weather add-on plug in. It is not working properly. I tried to delete it instead it closes the dock. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

View the most recent posts on the forum