Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Crashing often in Virtualbox

Started by Larky, March 02, 2024, 12:17:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larky

Hi. I use another Linux and want to migrate, have been testing sparkylinux-2024.02-x86_64-lxqt on Virtualbox for a few days.

I like it a lot except that it causes Virtualbox to crash virtually every time. Some times it takes longer than others, but it always happens eventually. First, the mouse pointer freezes. Sometimes I can barely move it, very very slowly. Getting out of Virtualbox full screen mode is hard. Switching to another tty in the host machine takes a while. When it finally does, I have a command ready to kill Virtualbox. But experience tells me that killing Virtualbox only saves time. Virtualbox will panic and close on its own if I wait long enough.

I test many OSes on Virtualbox and this is this first time I ever see this happen, and it's happened with Sparky every time I boot it.

Have you had a similar experience? Have you seen any similar report in the forum?

AxL

Quote from: Larky on March 02, 2024, 12:17:44 AM[....] I use another Linux and want to migrate, have been testing sparkylinux-2024.02-x86_64-lxqt on Virtualbox for a few days.

I like it a lot except that it causes Virtualbox to crash virtually every time.

Please, review and ask questions here:

➤ Want to know how you can use a program you have never used before? "man" will be your best new friend! Type "man <pkg-name>" in a shell.
➤ Or, point your browser to "manpages.debian.org/<pkg-name>" .... RTFM !!!

Larky

Quote from: AxL on March 04, 2024, 11:13:07 PM  Please, review and ask questions here:

But...

Quote from: Larky on March 02, 2024, 12:17:44 AMI test many OSes on Virtualbox and this is this first time I ever see this happen, and it's happened with Sparky every time I boot it.

View the most recent posts on the forum