Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Recent posts

Artwork & screenshots / Re: Show Us Your Desktop
Last post by 8bit - January 22, 2023, 03:17:43 PM

Sparky w/ MX Linux repos. Click image for full size version. (right-click - open in new tab)
Artwork & screenshots / Re: Show Us Your Desktop
Last post by patfish - January 22, 2023, 02:38:50 PM
My sparky Stable edition with TDE desktop

Introduction / Hello from France dear Sparky ...
Last post by patfish - January 22, 2023, 12:30:02 PM
Hi all, I am a long-time user on linux, but this is the first time for me on Sparky linux. I got for Christmas a "old" new old stock computer (HP Pro desk 600G2 SFF) and following the advice of a friend, I installed this fabulous distribution that is Sparky. Everything works perfectly. I installed TDE which is my favorite desktop environment. It is with great pleasure that I discover this forum which seems very nice to me. I wish you all a very happy new year 2023. All my friendship from France, hoping my English isn't too bad. Patrick

Newbie questions / Re: how to switch desktop scre...
Last post by patfish - January 22, 2023, 12:15:11 PM
Hello Once the new desktop environment is installed, you must log out of the session and choose your new environment at the top right. Kind regards, Patrick from France.
Hardware / Audio issues in new VMware ins...
Last post by Mach283 - January 22, 2023, 01:50:05 AM
Problem:  The audio keeps stuttering then dropping out completely. I then get two popups: 1) PNMixer error Warning: Connection to sound system failed. Do you wan to re-initialize the audio connection? Answer No or Yes. Selecting Yes will eventually get the audio back until it happens soon again. I also get error popups regarding grabbing Hotkeys Mute/Unmute, Volume Up, and Volume Down. Currently using MATE desktop but it looks like pnmixer is a dependency of the default openbox install .

I also get an Gtk-Message error when I enter pnmixer in terminal: Failed to load module "xapp-gtk3-module".  This is accompanied by error: ./src/alsa.c: 'default': Can't get playback dB range: Invalid argument, Alsa failed to clear the channel.

I am looking for a permanent solution. Thanks.
Hardware / webcam drivers for sony vaio -...
Last post by Bob LC - January 20, 2023, 10:04:52 PM
Hi there, I am a real newbie to linux and I am trying to revive my daughter's old laptop.

I have installed sparky 7 and am very happy with it but I can't get the webcam to work.

I have done some research and found some drivers on github and downloaded them but I can't see how to install them.

I have downloaded several but .... The files I have downloaded are r5u87x_0.2.1+r64+dfsg-oppa12.debian.tar.gz and r5u87x-firmware-0.2.0-18.a9b2171d762bfc36.x86-64.rpm and also ricoh-webcam-r5u870-2.6.24-16-generic_0.11.0-1_i386.deb

Can anyone explain to me please in simple terms what I need to do to get the webcam working. It did work on windows 7 and 10 but the laptop is now too slow to run 10. Apart from the webcam it seems to be working really well!

Thank you in advance for your advice.

Best wishes
Newbie questions / how to switch desktop screens
Last post by Mark Segall - January 19, 2023, 03:55:29 PM
I created desktops, then realized I don't know how to switch between them. GUI menu? key-combination?or
Newbie questions / Timed out waiting for device
Last post by cody - January 19, 2023, 03:30:10 PM
Hi can some one please help me.
I tried to install other desktop environments
Now I can't boot to to time out error, and I don't have a clue what to do

Timed out waiting for device/dev/tpm0
[DEPEND]Dependency failed for TPM2 access broker and Resource Management Daemon

Being a Newbie I am stuck don't know how to fix
Introduction / Finally trashed windows
Last post by cody - January 19, 2023, 11:56:05 AM
Hi all, I am new to Sparky, have played with various versions, installed mint, but found that my 120G hard drive was soon full, looked for light weight versions and found Sparky.
I started out in the 70s with a Commodore Vic 20, migrated to Spectra Video, the Windows 3.1, XP, Vista, Windows 7, upgraded to 10 for free, but uninstalled and reverted back to Windows seven.
Tried SUSU, Ubuntu, Puppy Linux, Linux Mint, but decided to Join your Community instead.

I am from Johannesburg South Africa, am 60 years Old, but not yet cold, have a diploma in online marketing and web design, Self taught in Graphic Design, and have a very limited know how using command line.
Guess that will have to change, lol
Newbie questions / Re: [solved] Obtain sparky upg...
Last post by AxL - January 17, 2023, 06:30:44 PM
  In this last message, I forgot to add as a recommendation to install, apt-listbugs & apt-listchanges

Cheers !! 

View the most recent posts on the forum