Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Sparky Installer

Started by march23, April 02, 2017, 05:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

march23

Hi,
I am on a live Version.  On the left Top is the sparky Installer.  When i go with the cusor  in the Installer then i get langsamer but then nothing  is happening? How doch i install
Thank you

paxmark1

More information please

Which version - 4.6-dev20170307  (the calmares installer) or one of the  the 4.5 versions and which verison?

uefi or bios? lvm?  Virtual or bare metal?  Are you installing to an empty disk, installing over an existing linux install, or going to dual boot with windows?

Does going through the menu at the bottom left make a difference?

Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

march23

Not sure which Version ist in got. But as i mentioned when i press  on the desktop  sparky  Installer  Icon only the language  side  opens.  When i then press my language nothing happed it is stuck  at language.. >:(

march23

Installing Over  an existing  linux version..

march23

When i use the sparky (advanced) Installer..it says, it lets  you install the live System to your Hard drive  as it is..does that  mean just in english...?
Thank you

pavroo

The second step of advanced installer asking about language to be chosen.
The "as it is" means that it be installed wit the default desktop, means Openbox.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

greenline4

Hello Guys
And what about installing Sparkylinux 4.5 on windows 7 already installed ? because when i downloaded the ISO there is not way to execute the installation
Thank You so much

paxmark1

Do you have UEFI or bios. 

If UEFI the following is not about the sparky installer and not Sparky, but for basic background -
https://jenkins.debian.net/userContent/installation-guide/installation-guide-amd64/en/ch03s06.html#bios-setup      (which is for the testing version of Debian)       you can glance at section 3.6.3 for some basic background on  uefi.  This source is very up to date as it is a crucial part of the new upcoming stable. 

and from Debian Wiki  on UEFI (which is geared toward stable, while Sparky is based on Debian Testing)

QuoteDual-booting systems currently installed using BIOS fallback boot

Quite a number of early UEFI systems were shipped with a non-UEFI installation of Windows 7 pre-installed, and the firmware set up to attempt UEFI boot first and BIOS boot second. This worked fine for users, but the moment a new operating system was installed alongside that copy of Windows, it would be difficult/impossible to dual-boot it.

debian-installer will now warn the user if it is booted in UEFI mode but can find it only non-UEFI existing OS installations. It gives them the option to switch the installer to non-UEFI mode from this point forwards so they don't break potential dual-boot setu

I am guessing you have read
https://sparkylinux.org/wiki/doku.php/live_installer

Please review your bios or UEFI setting for you motherboard
Please give more info about when in the install it failed and how if failed.

Also how did you prepare the USB stick (if you used a USB stick). 
Peace out,
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

View the most recent posts on the forum