Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum Linuxiarze.pl

Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Newbie questions / Re: Disable login and password at start up
« Last post by Slyvester on December 01, 2021, 05:11:00 pm »
Hi RiverLooker,

Looks like you're looking for the right password and right user name ? Bin gave you the correct answer. When using your sparky-live, you should try  : ==> live = sparky live user name & live = the live user's password

Link : https://wiki.sparkylinux.org/doku.php/live_users

« Last post by AxL on December 01, 2021, 12:20:47 pm »
[....]  Put SD card in Raspberry Pi 4B, watched boot messages fly by, got GUI dialog box which ASKS FOR USER NAME AND PASSWORD!

Clearly I missed something here. I have no clue what you might have selected for a first boot. Maybe this distro isn't for me or my RPi4.

WHAT'S THE DEFAULT NAME/PASSWORD?

I believe that the articles in the documentation are written for the users, :o and they should at least read them:
PD.- Please don't use capital letters (it implies that you are shouting)   >:(

« Last post by bin on December 01, 2021, 07:18:38 am »
For the live media - try live / live
« Last post by RiverLooker on November 30, 2021, 09:34:35 pm »
Same question ... different situation

Just downloaded sparkylinux-6.6-armhf.zip and used Win-10 Rufus 3.7.1576 to write out to 32GB SD card. 

Put SD card in Raspberry Pi 4B, watched boot messages fly by, got GUI dialog box which ASKS FOR USER NAME AND PASSWORD!

Clearly I missed something here. I have no clue what you might have selected for a first boot. Maybe this distro isn't for me or my RPi4.

WHAT'S THE DEFAULT NAME/PASSWORD?
You're welcome, Oulik ... glad you like it  :) and, yes, I've used it for over 4 years on linux, and never an issue on any distro, so it should stand you in good stead for many years. 
Applications / Re: What is a good calendar / PIM program with ical support?
« Last post by Oulik on November 28, 2021, 05:18:08 pm »
Thank you

Excellent choice, works well
Applications / Re: What is a good calendar / PIM program with ical support?
« Last post by tuatha-solas on November 28, 2021, 04:49:53 am »
I've used Rainlendar2 for a few years now (right-click, Manager, Import/Export > iCalendar Format) ... https://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?all=1&option=com_rny_download Really good, plus there's a ChromophoreLou skin I use for media frame, events, time, but there are other sections to it also ... https://www.rainlendar.net/cms/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=42&func=view&catid=9&id=17325&limit=6&limitstart=276.
I manually back up rainlendar2's .config folder, and simply copying that back over into config (after a fresh OS install), and then rebooting, works perfectly.
Applications / [Solved] What is a good calendar / PIM program with ical support?
« Last post by Oulik on November 25, 2021, 11:59:54 pm »
Hope you can help

I am fairly new to SparkyLinux.
Running the XFCE version of SparkyLinux 7
What is a good calendar or PIM program to use on SparkyLinux? It must have ical import preferably.

I was used to dayplanner, but that is not in the repositories. I don't really like calcurse (matter of taste I suppose)
I could install Korganizer, but that is a bit over the top and I will install a lot of KDE packages
Hardware / [Solved] No sound over de HDMI port Sparky Linux 7
« Last post by Oulik on November 24, 2021, 11:20:42 pm »
I had no sound on SparkyLinux 7 and eventually found out why

In the volume control, there is a tab called configuration.
For whatever weird reason it showed me HDMI / DisplayPort (unplugged) in the volume mixer.
I had to go to the configuration tab and select a profile which was available.
And that did the trick

Eventually I got the solution (via another forum)

The issue is / was that libreoffice-java-common was not installed (easily installed with Synaptic)
I managed to get DirsyncPro running by making a desktop launcher which points to the .sh file.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10