Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Installing Sparkylinux fails

Started by Paul33, August 04, 2022, 11:36:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul33

My Micromax Canvas Laptab LT666W has an Intel Atom 1.33 GHz processor, 2 GB of DDR3 RAM, and 32 GB of eMMC storage. I attempted to install the Sparkylinux minimal CLI version, but it failed since I was unable to connect to a power supply (single micro USB port where I had plugged in my bootable USB with an OTG cable). After that, I attempted to install using the Calamares installer, the advanced GUI installer, and the minimum GUI installer. With the latter, I encountered a bootloader installation issue, however with the former, I kept booting into the BIOS setup. Boot repair was run to reinstall EFI, but a notice stating "Locked NVRAM identified" appeared. What ought I to do? I have tried every tip I could grasp from the Internet.

youtube thumbnail grabber

nevertheless

Quote from: Paul33 on August 04, 2022, 11:36:20 AM32 GB of eMMC storage... but a notice stating "Locked NVRAM identified" appeared.

Maybe the emmc has gone bad? I've never had a computer that uses that, but I have a computer from a company who makes an emmc model. I've seen people report that same error, and are told the emmc has worn out. Do you have to use emmc?

View the most recent posts on the forum