Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Recent posts

Newbie questions / Re: pipewire on Spakrylinux?
Last post by bobbiescap - November 17, 2022, 09:59:56 AM
If you have the headset paired you may be able to enable it in PulseAudio Volume Control (PAVU), which I find indispensible. It is in the menu section where audio and video applications reside.

I don't use bluetooth audio devices personally but I notice that there is a PulseAudio Bluetooth module preinstalled in my Sparky version. I also noticed that there are "bluez-alsa-utils" and "libasound2-plugin-bluez" packages not installed which might help you, you can easily uninstall them if they do nothing for your problem.

If you load PAVU and open the "Configuration" tab, you will find a list of audio configurations, and hopefully there is a Bluetooth stereo one that gets your device working. I have used it for enabling HDMI audio on older hardware and it works a treat.

Best of luck with it, there is always an answer waiting for us to find it, and sometimes we have to venture from our comfort zones to implement that answer. Just back up first. The Clonezilla live distribution will make an exact copy of a partition, or the whole drive, and will help to reverse a calamity very quickly.
Sparky applications / WineZGUI not marked executable...
Last post by bobbiescap - November 17, 2022, 09:22:03 AM
I installed this application from Synaptic and the winezgui file wasn't marked executable, however the winezgui-create-prefix one was. I needed to change permission manually to have the application load, and that might be a bit tricky for inexperienced users.
For those who have encountered this issue, the following command should fix it.
sudo chmod +x /usr/bin/winezgui
Sparky applications / Problem with a new graphic car...
Last post by Floppy - November 16, 2022, 01:47:50 PM
Hi !
I used Sparkylinux Topolo for several months with a nvidia GT 730 graphic cards .
I could set the resolution of the screen to 1920 x 1080 .
Recently I did put a new graphic card on my PC, a nvidia RTX 3050 , and the resolution is now 1024 x 768 .
When launching the system , after GRUB screen , there is a message like : " nouveau : unknown chipset " .

How can I get a 1920 x 1080 screen resolution again , please ?
Introduction / I introduce me
Last post by Floppy - November 16, 2022, 01:42:25 PM
Hi !
I use Linux since several years , I did try several distros .
I am an average user , looking for user friendly distros .
I use Sparkylinux since several months and find it very good .
System upgrading / Motu Firewire missing after 6....
Last post by Martin A. - November 15, 2022, 10:32:07 PM
Hi everyone!

I was having a great time with my Studio gear in SparkyLinux until I upgraded from kernel 6.0.0.3 to 6.0.7? (not quite sure which it is right now)
The Motu Traveler Mk1 and
Motu Traveler Mk3 (these are professional Firewire sound cards) are now missing making SparkyLinux useless for me.

Can someone explain why the drivers were removed from the kernel and if there are any plans to put them back? ?

In comparison Manjaro kernels have the latest Motu drivers - no problem.

Cheers
Hardware / Re: Network driver help
Last post by wild - November 15, 2022, 11:12:02 AM
Hardware / Re: Realtek 8812BU wifi adapte...
Last post by wild - November 15, 2022, 11:06:53 AM
https://github.com/morrownr/8812au-20210629

use this one he has directions
System upgrading / Re: Ongoing Sparky Updates
Last post by RetiredIT - November 14, 2022, 10:41:03 PM
I used Ubuntu from Ver. 5.10 through Ver. 10.10 before that ugly Unity desktop ruined everything. Plus I tested other versions of the Ubuntu family. The upgrade from one version to another never failed me. A couple of clicks and it upgraded to the next release. That was then. This is now. Ubuntu has lost it and has no clear strategy or plan for the desktop. Hence, I am running other distros like MX Linux and testing additional others as well. Thanks again.
Last post by pavroo - November 14, 2022, 07:38:35 PM
It gets every 2 years about.
I don't understand you if scripts like that exist:
https://sparkylinux.org/sparky-dist-upgrade-script/

Anyway, if Sparky could have so many developers as Ubuntu has, many things could be done faster...
Last post by RetiredIT - November 14, 2022, 06:53:01 PM
It gets to be a bear every 3-5 years to do a fresh install plus copying data files for hours when you have several laptops to keep up. I simply can't understand why distro developers can't wite scripts like Ubuntu does to automatically upgrade to the latest release. Hoping that Sparky continues to mature in the future. Thanks! 

View the most recent posts on the forum