Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Sparky - One of the most interesting Debian based distros

Started by uzer, May 14, 2015, 10:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

uzer

Hi!

I downloaded every Sparky RC 4 and a few 3.6/dev releases available. Within minutes I had the ISOs extracted, and configured to boot via PXE / NFS.
All booted without a hiccup, I basically fell in love with the RC 4 Openbox - veeery cool approach, fast and light - Magic!

My everyday, workstation distro is Gentoo, but for a number of reasons, about 2 years ago I started using Debian on all other systems I got at home. I have tried quite a few Debian based Linux flavors, but most of them did not leave a single spot in my brain. I almost always start building the environment using a minimal CD, core, and I go from there...

Sparky is an example of a distro, that has been designed with a very innovative, and COOL approach - just look at the 3.6 dev1 Budgie release ( it's dev, far from stable ), and my favorite Openbox - There is not many live CDs that offer such a quick access to directories on the filesystem as Sparky's Openbox - veeery cool!  ( I said >>directories<< and not the Ugly & Stinking >>folders<<  )

One way or another, I will try to stay on this forum for a longer than average time... maybe I can add my 2c :)

Mike

ps: dobra robota chlopaki ;-]
They did not know it was impossible, so they did it! - Mark Twain

The Black Pig

MoroS

Quote from: uzer on May 14, 2015, 10:43:00 PM
My everyday, workstation distro is Gentoo...

Hi.

I'm a former Gentoo user myself and basically left it and Arch to work solely on Sparky (my dev projects as well as Sparky dev itself). Pavroo really had an idea for making a distro with user-ready images and many configurations to choose from. ;)

There's also a Google+ community if you prefer that more than Facebook:

https://plus.google.com/communities/100969370213615377598

Quote from: uzer on May 14, 2015, 10:43:00 PM
ps: dobra robota chlopaki ;-]

ps. dzięki ;-]
There's no such thing as "impossible". :)

View the most recent posts on the forum