Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Long Sparky shutdown on HP Mini 210

Started by n1ksn, October 07, 2016, 06:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n1ksn

Hello.  I have a MinimalGUI install of SparkyLinux 4.4 on an HP Mini 210.  I've been very happy with this installation, but I have one small problem.

When I shutdown (using the Openbox Exit menu entry) and remove the splash screen I see the usual shutdown messages until the very end.  The last message says "reboot: power down" and then the machine idles for about a minute or more before the power goes off.  There is no mention of a "stop job."  This happens for both the normal and the quick shutdown choices in the menu.

This isn't a big deal, but I have another 4.4 Sparky installation on a laptop and it shuts down very quickly.  So I was wondering if there is something wrong with my notebook install or if this can be changed so that shutdowns are quicker.

Thanks,
Andy N1KSN

PS.  I've done a bit of web searching on this issue.  It appears to be hardware or kernel related, so it's not a SparkyLinux issue.  Sorry I was so quick on the trigger to post.

Moderator:  Please feel free to delete this post.

pavroo

There is small issue about mounting/unmounting swap partition and the shooting down/rebooting takes 1.30 min extra to finish.
Hope will be fixed soon.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

n1ksn

Thanks for the response, pavroo!  And thank you for supporting this great distribution.

Andy

paxmark1

You can always see the logs for the end of your last session via

(as root) "journalctl -b -1"
(as user) "sudo journalctl -b -1" and scroll down to the end. 
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

View the most recent posts on the forum