Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

(Solved)Newb install questions and issues

Started by hammy, May 22, 2017, 07:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammy

So I decided to begin making the jump from Windows to Linux and tried to install Sparky 4.5 GameOver Edition on my computer. After issues with using an iso on a my usb, I decided to try making a DD usb using rufus instead of using the iso and it worked. I am currently using Sparky to type this out, I have done a system upgrade after figuring out the loop issue and am installing the meta package as I type this. Now here is the issue, I am currently using Sparky v4 Tyche somehow and I have no idea how that happened as I downloaded the GameOver edition using the source fourge downloader directly from the SparkyLinux website. I am also not sure if this is really that big of an issue. So my question would be "what is the performance difference between using Sparky GameOver edition vs using a Sparky GameOver edition meta package on top of Tyche?" Keep in mind I just installed this so it would be a bit of a pain to attempt to install GameOver Edition instead, but I would be willing if there is a performance difference.

Note: I have Windows 10 on the same Hard-Drive and am currently dual booting using grub, I believe I set up the partitions correctly, or at the very least an incorrect partition setup would not cause a version difference.

PS. The system clock is wrong but I think I just need to change the hardware clock and then use a command to set the software clock to be the same.

pavroo

The system upgrade loop is known small issue, fixed already, but not shipped on the present iso images.
Simply upgrade:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install sparky-aptus-upgrade

then run the upgrade tool normally.

Quotewhat is the performance difference between using Sparky GameOver edition vs using a Sparky GameOver edition meta package on top of Tyche?
No different, Sparky GameOver iso features all the tools and games installed by 'sparky-meta-game' meta package on a top of Sparky's default desktop.
The meta can be installed on the top of any desktop.

System clock can be fixed by:
sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum