Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Changing Sparky-Conky Background Color

Started by dhinds, August 03, 2017, 12:46:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhinds

Sparky LXQt is now installed on the main desktop computer and running very well.  (I think it will become my main system again).

There are a couple of issues I want to deal with, however:

I run a black debian background with sparky and sparky itself is indicated by Sparky-Conky.

But:  The background color (blue) matches the current sparky desktop background and on using the conky-manager to open the conky config file, I don't see a way to change the background color.

Where is it located and what do I change to make the background transparent or black?

Another thing thing I would like to change is eliminate sudo privileges and use su when I need to.

Does a reason exist to not recommend doing that?

Thanks in advance.

pavroo

All Sparky's Conky settings can be changed via Sparky Conky Manager, but...
There is an issue around Conky + LXQt and I can't help you.

QuoteI would like to change is eliminate sudo privileges and use su when I need to
All sparky tools use sudo as default. Removing sudo you will get access to Debian's tools with su, but not to Sparky's, sorry.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

dhinds

Thanks for the response.

(Even if it was a bit different than what I expected).

I would like to understand a bit more about the nature of the LXQt/Conky problem.

As I understand you, the background color of Sparky-Conky (that I have used with Sparky-Ultra Openbox and the LXDE / Multimedia versions), can't be changed in Sparky-Conky (which doesn't look so good with a blue background on a black debian wallpaper).

This is not a serious problem.  (I can use the sparky background, for example - or run Conky, which has a black background but is not as nice a sparky-conky and covers the wrong part of the screen).

As for the sudo - I can use a more complex user password (which would make my debian passwords different from those on other systems, but the important thing is that everything is working fine - except that LXQt is not yet a totally finished desktop environment but never-the-less has it's advantages).

pavroo

There is some informations about that:
https://github.com/lxde/lxqt/issues/91
but not sure could help much.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

paxmark1

As always,  irc help for LXQT is at freenode #lxde  (OFTC #lxde is geared towards lxde).  And they might be nice at
OFTC #debian-lxqt    Agaida and others hang out at both. 
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

she_dyed

well there is a way to get pseudo transparency on conky; see if it helps

I have used gsetroot to match the wallpaper and conky uses the result so it seems to be transparent--do it right to get rid of the black box conky (the root background was not set so it had defaulted to black). See if it will work on your window manager

dhinds

Quote from: she_dyed on August 05, 2017, 03:51:29 PM
well there is a way to get pseudo transparency on conky; see if it helps

I have used gsetroot to match the wallpaper and conky uses the result so it seems to be transparent--do it right to get rid of the black box conky (the root background was not set so it had defaulted to black). See if it will work on your window manager

Both conky and sparky-conky are installed and they are not the same.

I will have to study that to determine if I can figure it out.

Looking at the code didn't help me so far.

dhinds

View the most recent posts on the forum