Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

SOLVED: hash sum mismatch apt-get update

Started by paxmark1, February 08, 2014, 02:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paxmark1

Several days of hash sum mis-match.  Finally got some from deb-multimedia.  But still hash sum mismatch

Added to /atc/apt/apt-conf.d/70debconf

Acquire::Pdiffs "false";

worked.  
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

fanis

I had the same problem. It blows my mind that this is not mentioned quite often. This is a problem because simple problem like as they are not mentioned by anyone if they hit you, you have no idea what is wrong.

from http://www.blackmanticore.com/87f3032e60abc009ec1f6af0f924f158 (2010 post!)

Quote:

Debian has introduced incremental updating of package lists. While in theory, this is a great feature, it is not always practical.

Incremental updates enable to download less data by fetching only the differences between the previous versions of the list. This results in significant savings concerning the amount of downloaded data.

The unfortunate downside is that a whole lot more fetches need to be done as each incremental update requires a server request. This becomes apparent when you don't often download package list updates, and there are suddenly a whole number of files waiting to be downloaded. The overhead of requesting each incremental slice separately causes the update to take more time than it would when downloading the whole list from scratch.

It is possible to enable the old "inefficient" system, where lists are downloaded in their entire by configuring APT to do so.

Disable pdiff downloads

To disable pdiff just for a session, run the update like so:

Code:

apt-get update -o Acquire::Pdiffs=false

To permanently disable pdiff, add the following to /etc/apt/apt.conf (if the file does not exist, create it):

Code:

Acquire::PDiffs "false";

View the most recent posts on the forum