Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

I am such a KDE girl :/

Started by Nimsy, February 08, 2015, 12:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nimsy

So I gutted Gnome/LXDE

I just... couldn't do it.  o-0

So far, though, it's working very nicely.

Anyone else using KDE with Sparky (GameOver)?

pavroo

Honestly I don't use KDE for a few years.
I was a big fan of GNOME 2 and KDE 3, but after r/evolutions of the desktops I lost my interesting with them.
Now I prefer a lightweight desktop, which suite to my and my family/friends/etc. old machines.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

Nimsy

KDE is heavier than I really wish it was, especially since I'm on a refurbished, aging laptop, myself.  But I'm so used to the convenience of KDE's accessories that the menu styles and setup of Environments like LXDE make me feel very awkward.

Like not having Dolphin.

I am constantly double checking between my Terminal (Yakuake) and Dolphin.  Or I'll browse around in Dolphin, find the path I need for something, then copypaste it to the Terminal before I start inputting commands.

That's just one example.

Also, there is Yakuake.  F12 (or key of choice) = drop down terminal.  So very convenient.

But I understand where you are coming from.

drew

You could try the trinity desktop version  :) It's basically a snapshot of KDE 3 before it required a super computer to run well, similar to the relationship between MATE and gnome 2.

Nimsy

I'll keep that in mind.  :)

Would depend on what features it has.  I really do rely on quite a few K-apps.

Niigapleez

Quote from: Nimsy on February 08, 2015, 12:22:17 PM
So I gutted Gnome/LXDE

I just... couldn't do it.  o-0

So far, though, it's working very nicely.

Anyone else using KDE with Sparky (GameOver)?
I generally onlu do KDE when I'm nekkid and in my jacuzzi.

Niigapleez

Does KDE involve cuffs and a mask ? I'm in !!!

petsam

I 've been using KDE4 till now. I have SolydK installed on my laptop and desktop.
Though I like Xfce for lighter and still user friendly environment, where I learned how to bring kWin for Window manager.
I 've done the same on my first Sparky try. I also installed dolphin and trying the overall behavior and lacks and lugs for my liking.
I 'll see how it goes and I might switch to Sparky distro.
Since I 'm new I don't know what 's the opinion of Sparky community for sthe sid repos (that exist but as disabled).

View the most recent posts on the forum