Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

[solved] Don't update libglib2.0-* right now!

Started by py-thon, October 03, 2014, 08:57:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

py-thon

For details see https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=763787 and bug reports #758619, 762612 and 763602 for example.
This bug affects various programs (reportbug, mirage, pyrenamer, xpdf and others) which won't start any more if you update to current testing version 2.42.0-1  If you are already affected downgrade as mentioned in the link, it worked for me. Last working version seems to be 2.41.1-2
Tower and Notebook: Sparky (testing) 64bit MATE

pavroo

Thank's for the info.
I am almost ready with an update of sparky 3.5.1 e19 (final) but the installer can't starts.
I didn't detect what package (last upgrade problem) broken that but I will have a look into that.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

pavroo

Just I'd like to confirm that the 'libglib2.0-2.42.x' makes me and the installer sick :(

pavroo

The problem is deeper that I was expected.
I installed the last version of sparky 3.5 base, didn't upgrade the libglib2.0 so I could run the installer but it doesn't work well.
Still searching...

py-thon

gtk2- and gtk3-packages have been changed to tolerate faulty programming.

gtk3 is already in testing (gir1.2-gtk-3.0 and other packages in version 3.14.1-1, the changelog doesn't give a clue, but according to the link to forums.linuxmint above it is fixed in 3.14)

gtk2 is currently in sid (gir1.2-gtk-2.0 and other packages in version 2.24.25-1, fixed according to changelog)

pavroo

Thank's for the info, I will upgrade it to test, specially gtk2 from sid.
I had to downgrade a few packages in sparky 3.5.1 e19 - even the installer didn't want to work.

way12go

I reinstalled Sparkylinux, this time it's JWM flavour. Last time I had all DEs on LxDE base... All upgrades. I even installed E19 package. So my question is...

If E19 is buggy and installing LxDE and then going to E19 is okay...

Why don't we break the rules?
Success gives birth to success? Failure gives birth to failure? - Sagar Gorijala.

pavroo

QuoteWhy don't we break the rules?
I don't get it,  what do you mean?

py-thon

The fixed versions of gtk2 have entered testing. It should be safe to upgrade now.

View the most recent posts on the forum