Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Two problems perhaps not only for me. <SOLVED>

Started by nemomen, July 11, 2020, 09:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemomen

Have a pandemic free life for you all!
I have met all the times I should like to install SparkyLinux two problems, which are perhaps only my problems.
(1) When I boot from live media, the screen offers to choose the requested language. But on the black background the rows are dark blue ones, so I have difficulties to choose the correct rows, but I have not too much time for doing it.
Is any person over there who could pay any attention to change the colour of the rows for any kind of light colour. E.g. RAL ABABAB (White alu) or E6E6FA (Lavender) or any similar, please. Thanks in advance.
(2) Each time I have installed Sparky and I have not modify the energy savings settings, especially not before the Sparky First Run, the monitor switched off and no other way to change back, than reboot the working station. This could taken place in the case of normal usage, too, when I have not changed the basic settings of the screen saver and/or the energy settings of the monitor, after any time of a successful installation.
Is any person over there who could furnish me with the information, what's going on with the monitor and/or who would be so kind to supply me with the information, how could I taken others steps to prevent these cases. Thanks in advance.
Nemomen

lami07

Quote(2) Each time I have installed Sparky and I have not modify the energy savings settings, especially not before the Sparky First Run, the monitor switched off and no other way to change back, than reboot the working station. This could taken place in the case of normal usage, too, when I have not changed the basic settings of the screen saver and/or the energy settings of the monitor, after any time of a successful installation.

what's your desktop environment? Sparky version?
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

nemomen

Dear iami07,
sorry for the matter, I have forgotten to inform you SparkyLinux 5.12 Nibiru Xfce 64-bit.
SparkyLinux of course.
Brgds
Nemomen

pavroo

Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

lami07

Nemomen. What locking mechanism you got there? Xscreensaver? Light-locker? What's your GPU?
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

bin

WRT to the text/highlight colour of the language chooser, I agree with @Nemomen's comments.

The modification as shown by @pavroo is much better - thank you.

Is there a simple way to get this on an existing iso?

nemomen

Dear Pavroo, dear imai07, thanks for your quick respond. I'm gonna try it a.s.a.p, I should have to make a new live media, because my present one contains the ISO of the 5.11 Edition, and report the result.
That is a fact, according to the screenshot embedded above seems to more visible, than a previous one I am using right now.
Further answers due at the same message.
Dear Bin, thanks for your support.
Have a Covid-free life for you all.
Nemomen

nemomen

Hello everybody!
Thanks for your quick respond and your patience.
(1) Regarding to the colour:
I have downloaded the last ISO image of 5.12 Nibiru XFCE to watch the present colour of the rows. Comparing to the suggested new one (embedded above) the difference is important. As I see that said colour would be the RAL ABABAB, which is acceptable for me, and as I watch on the screen it looks like I know the colour of RAL ABABAB (colour sometimes would be quite tricky in the RAL lists comparing to that any person could watch on the screen). But think, my single opinion is not enough. Hoping other comments and suggestions. Do not be shy gentle persons and do that, thanks in advance.
(2) About the other questions:
I run a quite old Intel Xeon E3-1200 v"/3 Gen Core Proc. Graphics card, according to the report of Inxi. I talked about the default settings of the screen saver named Xscreensaver and energy saving enabled. When I  forget to change them in time to 30/60 minutes instead of 10/10 and the default value to single screensaver of PopSquares; and the energy saving to switch off, my problem usually takes place. In the case of I did not forget to modify them, I do not met with the automatic switching off the monitor. I usually do not modify other data, like phase rate or other. Previously, when I used the 4.12 LXDE Edition, I did not met with the same problem, only from that time I use the Xfce, at 5.11 surely (during 2019 and perhaps earlier, too, I have not registered any data, and hope I remember well).
I do not suppose any hardware problem of the monitor itself, because of I use Aten Switch, and never met the problem while used the other OS.
Hoping my answers would be useful.
Have a nice days for you all and thank for your continuous efforts to supply us, the users, the best OS possible.
Nemomen
Do never forget the following:
The Absurd: Why existence is often considered silly, particularly for men who wear brown-and-white shoes. Manyness and oneness are studied as they relate to otherness. (Students achieving oneness will move ahead to twoness.) Author: Woody Allen (1966).

pavroo

The colour will be changeg in the next iso images, can't be done with the present ones.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

nemomen

Hello,
thanks to Pavroo for changing the colour. Of course, it will come into force after the next ISO announcements.
I'm gonna mark to <Solved> after the clearing the point (2). However, I can do it right now, if it would be better for every person over there.
Have a nice day for you all.
Nemomen

lami07

Fixing issue nr2 will require bit more digging and testing. I've seen in the past similar misbehavior of Xscreensaver. I guess it's time to get hands dirty and test different default  settings or even reconsider replacing Xscreensaver with different screen locking mechanism. This will take time.

nemomen

Dear Iami07, thanks for your respond and your efforts to solve the problem.
Have a nice day, Nemomen

nemomen

Hello every person over there.
It seems to me, someone solved the screen-saver problem in the meantime, because it works properly nowadays.
Thanks for your efforts.
nemomen

nemomen

Hello every person over there.
Thanks Pavroo, I have downloaded and installed the new 5.13 Nibiru Xfce and both of processes had visible GUI.
Thanks again, nemomen

View the most recent posts on the forum