Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Screenfetch not showing number of installed packages

Started by spk242, June 18, 2016, 10:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spk242

Yes i know the command line to list number of installed packages and ofcourse there's synaptic also. But i would like to have it displayed in screenfetch report. Any advice?

crazyodaz

Quote from: spk242 on June 18, 2016, 10:15:14 PM
Yes i know the command line to list number of installed packages and ofcourse there's synaptic also. But i would like to have it displayed in screenfetch report. Any advice?

yea, sorry, can't really help, did not even notice that till you brought that up, and I personally have no solution or idea's for your fix, wich is much more complacated than mine

You see --- both "INXI" and "SCREENFETCH" -- I have taken to be fake politician's  -- they pretend to tell the truth, but they really don't -- sorta like a politician in real life ----

MY ONLY SUGGESTION -- would to take anything INXI -- or SCREENFETCH say's with a grain of salt --

clearly you can see that my computer is throttled down to 1600mhz or so ,  the 5.9ghz is a joke, -- bios max OC is 4.4ghz -- so why both of them suggest 5.9ghz is beyond me --- anyways,

yes i know -- yours is more simple -- mine is prolly just reading bios wrong -- all I am saying -- this

only trust SCREENFETCH or INXI as much as you trust your politician of choice -- :p

of course a solution to this PROGRAMS INSTALLED would be kewel too ---  be one less broken link in the chain of lies
Maybe its like that show -- Ancient Aliens -- they give us only the information we pretend to understand -- one thing for sure -- I gotta get new HD -- must have more room
http://imgur.com/VBndIAn

eightbit

Screenfetch will not display the proper information unless it is set up for the proper distribution. For sparky you should add to /home/user/.bashrc:

# Screenfetch
if [ -f /usr/bin/screenfetch ]; then screenfetch -D 'debian'; fi

paxmark1

Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

spk242

Quote from: eightbit on June 27, 2016, 09:19:40 PM
Screenfetch will not display the proper information unless it is set up for the proper distribution. For sparky you should add to /home/user/.bashrc:

# Screenfetch
if [ -f /usr/bin/screenfetch ]; then screenfetch -D 'debian'; fi

Thank you!

View the most recent posts on the forum