Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

How to change battery icon?

Started by garzy69, February 02, 2019, 11:01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garzy69

Opening the menu, I saw that there is an "icons navigator" app. Is it for changing icons? How does it work?
I would like to change that ugly green default "battery status" icon with one icon available in the "icons navigator".

P.S. How can I insert pics on this post?

lami07

Hi. There should be an app called LXAppearance. You can change icons, and some other visuals there.
If for some reason you won't be able to find it, you can easily install it with
sudo apt update
sudo apt install lxappearance
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

garzy69

Ok thanks...lami07...lxappearance is yet installed by default and I used yet for changing other windows and icons too but nothing about panel icons.
Anyway, what the "icons navigator" default app is for?

garzy69

The icon I would change is the green cilinder that I added to show the battery status in the lower panel. Lxappearence does not work for it. And the "setting battery menu" that appears then allowes to change only colors (but not the icon) using colours code.
I would like to write also a pair of issues that I see after the installation.
Where can I write about it?

lami07

1. Have you installed any additional icon sets before trying lxappearance? (For example faenza-icon-theme or papirus-icon-theme)

2. What edition of Sparky do you use? (I'm guessing it's stable branch)

3. What's you desktop environment? (I'm guessing it's lxde)

4. If you want to post an image, you will have to do two things:

a) upload chosen image to some image hosting service like https://postimages.org

b) post link to the image.

5. Proper place to report any Sparky related issues would be this very forum.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

garzy69

1) No
2) Last edition with LXDE stable
3) LXDE
4)

Never used hosting service...thank you...now I know it! Hope it is ok

5) Ok but should I write in a precise section?

garzy69

View the most recent posts on the forum