Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

dpkg 1.19.0.5 grave bug

Started by paxmark1, January 24, 2018, 09:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paxmark1

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=888234

Sneaky little one.  A problem with dpkg  would bide it's time until new things arrive. 

Myself , "apt-mark hold dpkg"    is what I did.  So I am staying at 1.19.0.4 

I do like apt-listbugs   
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

Wombat

1.19.0.5 is already the testing version.  What are our options other than "apt-mark hold dpkg" to avoid problems?

paxmark1

I was trained for Debian  testing, ... elsewhere. 

1.  Do you have apt-listbugs installed?  I do, it caught it for me and and I did not accept the install.  I'm still at 1.19.0.4  As everything, apt-listbugs has plusses and minusses in it's usage. 

2.  Are you having problems?  It might be that the individuals affected (3 that I have seen now on the bug report) have things that make the bug happen, btrfs, new glibc ...  If you are not having problems, you can be calm, wait, lurk in #debian-next

3.  If you are having problems, they probably won't take you input on the bug list.  You could always post the output of "reportbug" here. 

4.  To fix partial upgrades, probably do as message 10 does. 
dpkg --configure -a and apt install --fix-broken.

5.  search for how to backpedal back to 1.19.04   
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

Wombat

Yes. The problem does seem restricted to a small number so probably won't need to take precautions.

paxmark1

Bug has been downgraded to important from grave.  I do have another netbook, ancient EEE901 that has had no problems with 1.19.0.5 last few days.on debian testing.  I am removing the hold myself.  Will mark as solved tomorrow.  Peace out.

View the most recent posts on the forum