Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Sparky Intro for 'vrkalak'

Started by vrkalak, July 20, 2014, 02:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vrkalak

Hey, guys ... you might recognize me from the #!Crunchbang, Debian or LinuxMint Forums.

I have been a Linux user, for almost 10 years - now.  Started my Linux Journey with Fedora, way back when. Moved to 'buntu for about 2 days, then found LinuxMint. A short while later discovered Crunchbang (Ubuntu-based).  Now, I only use Debian. (or Debian-based Distros)  I have played with Archlinux, Manjaro, Sabayon and Slackware - from time-to-time.

I used the Xfce DE, almost, since my 1st day with Linux.
Now, I am a Dev/Tester for Xfce-4.12

I primarily use either Openbox or Fluxbox WMs.

I am a Admin/Moderator for a couple of Forums - LinuxMint Forum, LostintheBox (Fluxbox) Forum and Ask.Debian.net
Also, I am a Debian-Maintainer (DM) for the Fluxbox WM package. 

Check out my work at http://vrkalak.deviantart.com

When Jessie/Testing goes into the 'freeze' - I will switch my sources.list to reflect the Sid repros, just to play around.

I am discovering that I rather like Debian-Sid (unstable).  After Jessie/Testing becomes stable, I might just keep this install of Sid and have another partition with a 'stable+backports' Debian on it (for work).

I just downloaded and installed the 'last' ISO for SparkyLinux-Xfce-3.4.1 -- going to play around a bit.  Looks promising.  ;D
I really, like what you've done with Debian-Testing -- my kudos to the SparkyLinux Dev and Testers.

GeneC

Hi vrk... :)

I expect to see more old LMDE users here, if in fact they do switch to Debian Stable.  I personally feel from 3 years of running LMDE on Debian Testing and not their Update Packs, that its really a smoother ride.  'Sparky" is really quite polished.
The forums seem quite slow.  Hopefully that will pick up in the near future.
GeneC

vrkalak

Quote from: GeneC on July 20, 2014, 12:56:35 PM
'Sparky" is really quite polished.
The forums seem quite slow.  Hopefully that will pick up in the near future.
Forums are 'slow' -- not many members, are on the Forums - daily

The IRC chats are almost non-existent for SparkyLinux.  (What is IRC Server for Sparky?)

pavroo

Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum