Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Install Proprietary Drivers for AMD R9 270x

Started by zerzu, October 05, 2015, 05:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zerzu

Good Evening, can someone please tell me how to install proprietary AMD graphics drivers for the "game over" edition.  I am new to debian, but not new to Linux.  when I go to the hardware manager it says "No drivers can be found for you AMD R9 270".  Please Help! I am super excited about this distro, but not having 3d graphics is a deal breaker  :'(

zerzu

I hope that the lack of replies does not mean that I am SOL :( I really like this distro on a laptop with an intel chip.  I would love to have it on my desktop, please help!

grandadruss

Try Synaptic Package Manager - search 'fglrx'. Good Luck  :)

zerzu

It says the package is installed, but the Radeon keeps failing. Also half the emulators and steam are broken :( I think its a sign to move on

Stoneygit

I'm having the same problems I believe that Steam issues are directly linked to the proprietary graphics drivers issue. I can't install the AMD drivers without getting fglrx which is an irritating problem since I cannot work out how to install fglrx lol. Ahhh I love being a newbie all over again

eightbit

My experience with AMD cards was generally pretty good in the past. I recall an older AMD card having full hardware acceleration without any driver installation at all (open source driver) and I was able to play all of my Steam games. But for the newer AMD cards I am not sure. Did you try the DDM (Display Driver Manager) application available in the repos to install the AMD driver?

paxmark1

Sparky is on the Debian base called "Stretch" -  have you looked at

https://wiki.debian.org/AtiHowTo  ?

Posting your "lspci -nn | grep VGA"  can be helpful. 

Are there any spicy comments about your video card from the logs via "sudo journalctl -b -0" 

Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

View the most recent posts on the forum