Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Gameover 5.1 64bit - problem and errors with Official Nvidia drivers install

Started by MaoMao2, October 14, 2017, 07:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaoMao2

Good day, my GPU is Nvidia GT1030.
Is all the day that i search in much forums, i test and something i've solved, but no all and for this i write here, because all finish with error and the GPU don't work fine so...

For info i use Linux in LIVE mode USB boot, now i use your "Sparky GameOver 5.1 64 bit" version because have multimedia codecs prei-installed and Wine! (and Wine work ^_^ ty)
I use Linux LIVE mode because i remove the Hard Disk and i look videos, i play games, i use internet etc without the usage of my Hard Disk!! (ty all for this)

Now i write my probs and my procedure for install:
(I see that i have problems with the installation of officials drivers Nvidia because in this GameOver i have others video drivers installed...)

Procedure:
i copy the drivers.run in Desktop
I start Synaptic and i remove all Nvidia packages that i see when i search Nvidia, but i don't remove "libvdpav1" (tell me what i need of remove and/or the correct procedure)
CTRL+ALT+F1
cd Desktop
sudo service lightdm stop
sudo sh 1.run ...... all start, i click yes in all and the installation start, BUT........
all blocked and i read:

"Failed to run /usr/sbin/dkms build -m nvidia -v 384.90 -k
4.12.0-2-amd64 : error! echo
Your Kernel headers for kernel 4.12.0-2-amd64 cannot be found at
/lib/modules/4.12.0-2-amd64/build or
/lib/modules/4.12.0-2-amd64/source."

N.B. Without remove the "nvidia" packages on Synaptic the setup freeze and autokill, so is better lol (i wrong what remove or i don't remove all?
        I don't can remove all in correct procedure with Terminal?

After all the errors i write on Terminal:
sudo service lightdm restart

All restart but the drivers don't work and my GPU don't work in optimal mode...

Pls write me the correct procedure for remove and what remove for to have  a perfect Nvidia Drivers installation with the Officials Nvidia Drivers.
N.B. I use Linux in LIVE mode, i don't use internet always, so if i download something i save all the debs packages for the next restart and Offline setup. ^_^
TYVM for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pavroo

Hi

QuoteYour Kernel headers for kernel 4.12.0-2-amd64 cannot be found at
That's the point.
Sparky is shipped with no Linux headers preinstalled so you should install it.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

MaoMao2

Quote from: pavroo on October 15, 2017, 04:16:00 PM
Hi

QuoteYour Kernel headers for kernel 4.12.0-2-amd64 cannot be found at
That's the point.
Sparky is shipped with no Linux headers preinstalled so you should install it.

Yes, i tested of install this, BUT Linux write me that this version is undiscoverable.. i searched in manual mode and yes some packages are in error 404...
Installed a new version and don't work.
After 2 days of tests i was in surrender mode and solved with a big change of all.
Tyvm all for the help.

U can close this 3D if u want.

Wombat

QuoteN.B. I use Linux in LIVE mode

Running  live from a USB, even with persistence, is problematical particularly with the added factor of Nvidia drivers.

MaoMao2

Quote from: Wombat on October 20, 2017, 03:19:59 AM
QuoteRunning  live from a USB, even with persistence, is problematical particularly with the added factor of Nvidia drivers.

Yes, with Sparky, no Linux in general.
Ty all for the help.

View the most recent posts on the forum