Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

apt-get window (aptus) blank

Started by boxemall, March 29, 2019, 11:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boxemall

hi all. i searched this forum but couldn't find any hint so far. i switched the lxqt theme and ever since the apt-get window that pops up when installing via aptus is blank. now i can't see what's going on anymore. usually you can see what the system is doing or progress even. now it's just blank and sometimes it feels like the process just froze but i don't get any information out of it. is there a way to get the black background back? mind you switching back to the standard theme did not help.

regards

Edit: is there a way to fully reset the system without the need to reinstall?

kanliot

uh, I think you're talking about the white "xterm" window that comes up after rebooting?  it's probably a .Xresources fix for the ???? user.    I'm just ignoring the white window since I don't consider it to be a real bug.  heheeheh.   :)

boxemall

no i'm talking bout the window that comes up after u click install (when installing via aptus). it opens a cmd window so u can see what happens in the process.

regards

pavroo

It depends what terminal emulator, supported by sparky tools you have installed.
It checks and uses emulators in this order: urxvt, tilda, xterm then a default x-terminal emulator.
So what do you have installed? All?
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

pavroo

sparky-xterm 0.2.5 provides a fix for that.
Nothing is easy as it looks. Danielle Steel
Join #sparkylinux.org at [url="//irc.libera.chat"]irc.libera.chat[/url]

View the most recent posts on the forum