Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

Change the color of the lockscreen in i3

Started by cecca, November 30, 2020, 04:51:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cecca

Hi!
I'm like the i3wm and the possibility to configure it (and also the fact that is lightweight and so much keyboard oriented) but I'm facing few drawbacks that I can't solve by myself

By example: how can I give to i3lock a color for when the xautolock will get in action?  don't like the fact that my screen is readable before inserting my password.
I've tried adding the --color "$bg-color" to the i3block part in i3 config without success

Can you help me, please?

lami07

Example
exec --no-startup-id xautolock -time 10 -locker 'i3lock -c ######' &

Replace ###### with a proper color in RRGGBB format.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

cecca

Quote from: lami07 on November 30, 2020, 06:10:42 PM
Example
exec --no-startup-id xautolock -time 10 -locker 'i3lock -c ######' &

Replace ###### with a proper color in RRGGBB format.

Thanks.
From the CLI is working (i3lock -c 2081D5) but not from the config file:
exec --no-startup-id xautolock -time 10 -locker 'i3lock-fancy -g -p -c 2081D5' &
Above the standard line with only my edit for the color

Ill search for a solution, maybe I can try the indications at
Creating a custom lockscreen with i3lock
https://michaelabrahamsen.com/posts/custom-lockscreen-i3lock/

lami07

-locker 'i3lock-fancy -g -p -c 2081D5'
This part tells xautolock to use I3lock-fancy as a locking mechanism. And I3lock-fancy is not the same as I3lock.
Use the example I gave you.
Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

cecca

I see... But what I wish to accomplish is the same as i3lock-fancy

I've just to find out what's missing since it doesn't take a snapshot before locking the screen

Thans for pointing me in the right direction anyway

View the most recent posts on the forum