Advertising

Welcome to SparkyLinux forums
Zapraszamy również na polsko-języczne Forum https://forum.linuxiarze.pl

After Upgraded, Being Abnormal

Started by mdre808, January 10, 2021, 04:24:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdre808

Everything is normal working before the upgrade. After upgraded, those issues are the following: 1, When file manager is opened, the mouse is always busy. 2, The whole task bar aera is no more working.  it neither be clicked, nor working.(I tried alt ctr d and desktop did now show, but the terminal still shows via hotkeys). And the menu is just kind of disapper--it is an ellipsis instead.(of course cannot be click nor hotkeyed too).
OK, except of those, all seems normal;since the menu is inavalible, I cannot  use the apps, I have to write in my smart phone browser.However, I can open and veiw the files via file manager.

hallenberger

Same problem here with LXQt Version 0.14.1. Qt: 5.15.2, Build type Release.

thomas

mdre808

paxmark1

Sparky 5 or 6    5= Stable is qt 5.11   I have 14.1 in stable.  14.1 in sparky 6 - testing    0.16.0 in Sid.

6 I would advise to use Alt-F2 to get a terminal  and then run pcmanfm-qt (the file manager) there to see if any error messages appear.   All apps can be started in a terminal.     You can stack ternimals with tmux, something to learn down the road.  Check out the lxqt IRC and possibly ask for help upstream in LXQT.   Look for error logs in the usual places. 

As I have posted previous, the most involved Debian (Alf) in LXQT who also is the Debian maintainer has been absent since April.   I hope he is well.   

All has been well here in Stable for me.   
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

hallenberger

If I run:
pcmanfm-qt

in the terminal-window the following error-message:

Failed to load module "xapp-gtk3-module"

regards

thomas

paxmark1

Well that's not good,   Should be all QT5 dependencies for that.   I do not know what else to say.   If you are new to LInux and are running Sparky 6 - Rolling, you might want to go with the stable Sparky 5.    Testing is normally not too crazy, but what with the externals happening to various Debian teams and Maintainers, progress will vary.   

1 Question Have you installed several DE's (Desktop Environments) - if so the dot files (.blahDE   .blah-app) can cause problems.   
Search forum for "More info easier via inxi"    If requested -  no inxi, no help for you by  me.

hallenberger

Hello!

No. I have installed only this DE.

Regards
Thomas

paxmark1

I am just a hobbyist who has used LXQT from stable to testing to unstable for years, but only have a stable version at present.   IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is something that took me a bit of time to learn and it takes time to watch the problems surface from others. On OFTC  #lxqt     To start using irc on a system that is not working well is even less fun.   I am all out of ideas. 

lami07

QuoteAfter upgraded, those issues are the following: 1, When file manager is opened, the mouse is always busy. 2, The whole task bar aera is no more working.  it neither be clicked, nor working.

Those issues are fixed in Sid. It is matter of time for the fix to land in debian testing repo. Please have patience and wait little bit more.

Meanwhile to prevent lxqt panel from crushing disable qlipper. Running killall qlipper in terminal whenever you reboot your system would be way to go.

Quote from: forum rulesWhen an issue has been resolved for you, please edit the original post to include <SOLVED> in the title. This provides a good indicator for users with a similar problem to check out the thread
Want to chat? Join #sparkylinux at [url="//irc.freenode.net"]irc.freenode.net[/url]

mdre808

Lami07:
All seems better after some full-upgrades, but the file mangager, PCman, probably need to be fixed. I have notice that PCman is not the lastest update yet. Since old stable is highly suggusted, I feel sorry. I have realized that semi-rolling takes more time and times to upgrade, and may not be stable.

hallenberger

I have done an update today, and all works fine.

regards

thomas

View the most recent posts on the forum